6 replies to this topic

#1 pmmcbl

pmmcbl

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus
Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:46 PM

Hello all,

I just noticed that one of the side lights is not working (nearside) and was shocked to notice that there is not much room to work with.
I don't think it's an easy job but would like to check with you guys just in case there is an easy way to replace them.

Forgot to metion it's a 06 plate Mondeo.

Thank you

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jellyman

jellyman

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Name: Bob
  • Ford Model: mk3 mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2003

Posted 01 November 2009 - 10:46 AM

Remove the radiator grill then pull out the two pins at the back and either side of the headlight unit and remove the unit

#3 pmmcbl

pmmcbl

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus
Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:07 PM

I did that but very odd way to replace the light bulb. I bet some people (ladies) would have a problem doing it, no longer a simple job or 5 seconds like in the old days.

#4 Pogo

Pogo

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo
Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:57 PM

I change plenty of headlights and bulbs on modern cars in my job and the Mondoe headlight is probably the easiest of the lot. Admittedly it isn't as easy as sticking you hand behind the light fitting and changing the bulb, but recent cars have better front end protection these days, not to mention aircon, inter coolers and all other mod cons, lol

#5 chris bowman

chris bowman

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Ford Model: ford mondeo 2.0lx tdci 115

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:53 PM

I change plenty of headlights and bulbs on modern cars in my job and the Mondoe headlight is probably the easiest of the lot. Admittedly it isn't as easy as sticking you hand behind the light fitting and changing the bulb, but recent cars have better front end protection these days, not to mention aircon, inter coolers and all other mod cons, lol

had a mkII mondeo and despite recomending headlamp removal just managed to change the bulb without removing the unit. i presume now i have a mkIII there is even less room should i have a bulb go

#6 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:23 PM

if you think a mondeo is tricky you should try a megan where you have to remove the front wheel and wing lining.

#7 GrahamH

GrahamH

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Zetec dtci estate
  • Year: 2006

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:52 PM

if you think a mondeo is tricky you should try a megan where you have to remove the front wheel and wing lining.

just changed main beam, dip beam and sidelight on my Mk3 estate for nightbreakers and it was the easiest I have ever known. Did a bulb change for a mate on his merc and it was an absolute nightmare. Give me the mondeo any day :rolleyes:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users