• Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pmmcbl

Headlight/side bulb replacement

7 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I just noticed that one of the side lights is not working (nearside) and was shocked to notice that there is not much room to work with.

I don't think it's an easy job but would like to check with you guys just in case there is an easy way to replace them.

Forgot to metion it's a 06 plate Mondeo.

Thank you

Remove the radiator grill then pull out the two pins at the back and either side of the headlight unit and remove the unit

I did that but very odd way to replace the light bulb. I bet some people (ladies) would have a problem doing it, no longer a simple job or 5 seconds like in the old days.

I change plenty of headlights and bulbs on modern cars in my job and the Mondoe headlight is probably the easiest of the lot. Admittedly it isn't as easy as sticking you hand behind the light fitting and changing the bulb, but recent cars have better front end protection these days, not to mention aircon, inter coolers and all other mod cons, lol

I change plenty of headlights and bulbs on modern cars in my job and the Mondoe headlight is probably the easiest of the lot. Admittedly it isn't as easy as sticking you hand behind the light fitting and changing the bulb, but recent cars have better front end protection these days, not to mention aircon, inter coolers and all other mod cons, lol

had a mkII mondeo and despite recomending headlamp removal just managed to change the bulb without removing the unit. i presume now i have a mkIII there is even less room should i have a bulb go

if you think a mondeo is tricky you should try a megan where you have to remove the front wheel and wing lining.

if you think a mondeo is tricky you should try a megan where you have to remove the front wheel and wing lining.

just changed main beam, dip beam and sidelight on my Mk3 estate for nightbreakers and it was the easiest I have ever known. Did a bulb change for a mate on his merc and it was an absolute nightmare. Give me the mondeo any day :rolleyes: