Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carbon fibre wrap

Jonanstee

Hey guys. I wrapped my dash a few days ago. I've been down by the beach for the past few days so it's really hot and I've just checked my car to realise that all around the circle dials the wrap has come out. Any idea what I can do to get it to stay in?

I found that cutting the circles like a pie and folding each triangle back worked well, then glued the triangle segments back.

The only issue I have found is the garage door, the small indent lasted for about 6 months and recently popped up again, cant get it to stick back now

Buy better vinyl!  The normal stuff isn't designed to withstand the ~30c heat or car interiors in the sun.

• Like 1

any suggestions? I have some off cuts to redo the wee hatch but when it happens again ill need to redo the whole lot to get it looking the same.

theres a few things first lay the vinyl on covering everything use heat to get the glue to set not too much though then use s craft knife never cut around the hole instead on circular areas in particular as said from the centre cut a pie use a little bit of heat and fold n shape on the back apply a bit of heat to ensure all the glues activated....plenty of you tube vids it just takes patience and practice and good vinyl really cheap stuff I just that and is harder to work

As quoted by dee82 just get the wrap overlapped around they back of the panel as best you can, once the wrap is set hard to shape will tuck in great, better wrap is slightly beneficial but mostly down to how its applied  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club