Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

focus 1.6tdci limpmode

j05h

Wondering if anyone can give me an idea. My 2008 focus is going in to limp mode intermittently at high revs i get the red cog with exclamation mark light. If i turn it off and back on its fine and might not come back on for a few days or might come on after a few mile. The car seems to smoke a bit more than usual when i start it in the mornings but other than that it seems fine until i rev over 3k. Any one else had this issue?

Just realised this is in the wrong section :blush:

You need to have the fault codes read tbh.  Without that you could end up throwing lots of unnecessary parts at it.

The red cog with exclamation mark light usually means a commucation error between modules, eg on one of the CAN buses.

As Tom says, you need the DTC codes. Search for EML327 and Forscan on this forum and elsewhere. Not expensive, and usually easy to use.

Peter.

Got a guy coming out to read the code tomorrow 40quid. Thinks it might be the camshaft sensor 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club