Do Not Sell My Personal Information

boosted mpg mk7 1.4

PandaDog15

Hi All,

I'd just like to share my experiences I had when I bought my used 2011 Fiesta 1.4 zetec 26500 miles . 

When I bought it I reset the trip computer. I went from London to Bath and London to Northampton so covered around 400miles.

I averaged 36-40mpg.

recently,as it was a used car I did some cleaning under the bonnet.

I stuck a new Mann air filter in (old was a bit dirty), cleaned the MAF sensor, reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery then drove the Northampton and back, which consists of a fair bit of London city driving and motorway (170miles) 

I managed to achieve 49.5MPG! and I was driving it normally.

If you find you have low mpg, why not give this a try :)

Thanks for the information.   I had never heard of a MAF sensor before and I've just found mine and it's easy to get at.   I wonder if Ford clean them during a service.   Bet they don't.

No cleaning normally required on 1.4 petrol, 1.4 diesel can get a bit oily after a while and some ford dealers will give it a quick squirt with cleaner.

• Like 1

Hey Bob, when I got my MAF out it was covered in a bit of oil and dirt. It's easy to do.

I got some CRC MAF cleaning spray from eBay. Be carful not to touch the sensor inside and let it air dry

• Like 1

Thanks Andy.   I've ordered the cleaner and I've found out how to remove it.   I'll be cleaning it tomorrow.   I'll do the one in my wife's Focus too.

Incidentally, I got the cleaner from amazon.

Can you tell me which bit need to be cleaned please?

DSC_5788.jpg

DSC_5789.jpg

Hi Bob,

The sensor is the metal wire with the black resistor type thing in the middle. Give it a good blast with the cleaner and leave it to air dry for a few mins.

Disconnect the battery beforehand and reconnect once everything is dry and back in.

Doesn't look too dirty tbh

Thanks Andy.   I thought that might be it.   It does look a little brighter after a good squirt with the cleaner.   Never thought to disconnect the battery but everything is still running fine.

Incidentally, my wife's 60 plate Focus Titanium doesn't seem to have one.