Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK5 Fiesta Zetec-S

Ben87
聽Share

So after having the Mondeo for 5 years now I've decided I fancied a change on the car front. Great car as the Mondeo is I just fancied something that was a bit more fun something that can be thrown about a bit more so I picked this up last Friday.

574c7f829d603_ImageUploadedByFordOC14646574c7f8fde50f_ImageUploadedByFordOC14646574c7f9d54687_ImageUploadedByFordOC14646

Had been sat on the drive for nearly 3 years but luckily only took a battery and some water to get it started.

Needs a bit of TLC but for what i paid for it I don't mind putting some money into it. Needs some welding on the sills and underneath and the rear arches sorting out but most of that I'll do myself.

On Saturday I did a full service on it, put a new Bosch battery on and I've got a timing belt kit, water pump, auxiliary belt and new rocker cover gasket that I will fit sometime this week or poss weekend.

Views and comments welcome 馃槉

574c7faab4953_ImageUploadedByFordOC14646

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Nice to see one of these getting some TLC. Most have been scrapped/written off now.

• Like 1

Definitely Chris you don't see a lot of these nowadays. I've always fancied owning one and when this came up I couldn't say no lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got one of these sat on my dad's drive. It's been there for 18 months now and the arches/sill rust has really taken hold. Also needs a full going over, I have no idea what kind of state it's in at the moment.

Finally in a position to start restoring it and I cannot wait.聽

For the age it looks in good condition especially with the length its been sat there. I wish I had the money as I'd love one of these as a little project car. I wanted one as my first car but when the insurance came out at nearly 3,900 for the year i wouldnt of been able to afford it 聽4 years down the line would still cost me nearly a grand. But that would be worth it. Hopefully you'll make a thread to show the difference. Be a great read.聽

It's not in too bad shape really, could do with a full buff that my mate will do once I've had the arches done. Can't wait to start doing some mods to it because at the moment all my time on it has been fixing the engine up and other maintenance stuff it's required.

• 4 weeks later...

Sooo not too much of an update on the car as anytime spent on it over the last month or so has just been general maintenance I've carried out.

But I have started stock piling some parts ready for a good session on it next month hopefully.

I've got: full set of 60mm lowering Springs and shockers (gmaxx)

Catback miltek exhaust

Puma gear knob

Samco induction hose and cold air feed

Complete set of front wishbones, drop links and track rod ends.

Couple of pics

578e745a54004_ImageUploadedByFordOC14689

578e746827b65_ImageUploadedByFordOC14689

578e74740dab0_ImageUploadedByFordOC14689

578e748118783_ImageUploadedByFordOC14689578e7492ce627_ImageUploadedByFordOC14689

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club