Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta. Bluetooth and Colour?

Superdon

Hi all,

Sorry to start a second topic, but this is totally different.

I understand bluetooth is not standard on the Zetec. Are there different versions of the bluetooth? I see mention of bluetooth and bluetooth and USB. If ou dont have bluetooth is the centre console screen smaller - is that right? But, if I get bluetooth I will have the bigger screen.

Just trying to make sure I ask for the correct option.

Also, colour. I am going for non-metallic to keep the costs down. That leaves red, blue or white. I really dont know. I quite fancy white, but not sure if it would suit the car and if I would get sick of the dirt. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi all,

I understand bluetooth is not standard on the Zetec. Are there different versions of the bluetooth? I see mention of bluetooth and bluetooth and USB. If ou dont have bluetooth is the centre console screen smaller - is that right? But, if I get bluetooth I will have the bigger screen.

Also, colour. I am going for non-metallic to keep the costs down. That leaves red, blue or white. I really dont know. I quite fancy white, but not sure if it would suit the car and if I would get sick of the dirt. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

As I understand it, the bluetooth spec is the same whether you get the USB or not. It also gives you a larger centre screen.

There are some good photos of member's cars on here in red and white. The fiesta definitely looks very striking in white. After seeing the photos part of me does wish I'd picked white and saved myself some money.

IOR is right about the BT - just different if you have USB or not.

As for colour - white all the way dude - it's going to get the same amount of dirt as every other colour, at least if you see it easier you'll be more inclined to keep it cleaner ;) (and if you don', filthy white cars are sexy as feck anyways lol)

i have a white zetec and it looks great , as for dirt you would think being white its going to look grubby after a week but you will be suprised how little the dirt shows on a white car , i think darker colours like black show dirt a lot more

Hi all,

Cheers

Another vote for white here, too. Our Zetec (5 door) is white and it looks a treat. As others have said, white doesn't show the dirt at all badly - even when it is grimy, as soon as you're more than a couple of feet away, it looks like it's clean! (it's like silver in that respect, but it looks a lot nicer on a Fiesta than silver does, IMHO). We had a dark blue metallic car before and it was a nightmare to keep looking clean by comparison. Also, we're still basking in the novelty of people coming up to us and paying us compliments about what a nice-looking car it is (whether that's because it's a Fiesta or the white as well, I don't know, but it happens in the street when it's parked, and when people come to the door at home as well). Never had that happen with any other car!

With equal amounts of road grime darker colours will always look cleaner than white. But darker colours do need more or better cleaning than white and will show water marks, etc more than white.

Personally if you’re going for a solid colour model I would suggest white if you are having the body kit (zetec S) or red if you are just having the standard zetec model.

The white does look very good with the body kit but as for part-ex no body kit value red would be a better choice as it tends to sell easier than white.

Metallic colours to tend to sell better than solid colours as used and can keep more value on the car - then again they cost more to start with :)

hth

Cyb

To be clear. If you have bluetooth you get the larger screen? USB simply just adds an additional USB connection. Is that right?

Almost decided on the White now. Just still not 100% I have got the best deal I can!

To be clear. If you have Bluetooth you get the larger screen? USB simply just adds an additional USB connection. Is that right?

Almost decided on the White now. Just still not 100% I have got the best deal I can!

i got the blutooth as free upgrade in may/june , im pretty sure if you have bluetooth you get the bigger display , as for USB i dont have that but i think its just so you can use usb sticks and ipods for your music?

white looks great on a zetec s it also looks great on a standard zetec :)

i got the blutooth as free upgrade in may/june , im pretty sure if you have bluetooth you get the bigger display , as for USB i dont have that but i think its just so you can use usb sticks and ipods for your music?

white looks great on a zetec s it also looks great on a standard zetec :)

With reference to my quote. I am getting a price of around £10,100 mark for the car. Is this a good deal? Thats a 1.25 3 door, Zetec, with bluetooth/USB in a solid colour - white I think :)

They are also doing me a pretty nice part-ex on my two year old zetec blue.

With reference to my quote. I am getting a price of around £10,100 mark for the car. Is this a good deal? Thats a 1.25 3 door, Zetec, with bluetooth/USB in a solid colour - white I think :)

They are also doing me a pretty nice part-ex on my two year old zetec blue.

i got this

a white zetec 1.4tdci 3dr with free upgrade promotion of bluetooth plus supagarded

i p/x my 2004 citroen c2 1.1i which had about 34000m on the clock

payed just over £9000

they had the car priced at £14000 so i saved £3k as they priced my c2 at £2k

10k is not bad i suppose but your other car is only 2 years old ,if you dont mind me asking how much did they value your car at?

the only problem i had with white was that around here all the taxi firms use white cars, a lot of them fiestas

bluetooth as on option by itself was deleted a while back. There is 2 options now

bluetooth with USB

bluetooth With USB And Mobile Navigation

Bluetooth alone is ont avalible anymore and the screen for these are all larger than one with out bluetooth.

Bluetooth USB is a free upgrade but nothing is free really. Its bacically discount from Ford equil to the cost of Bluetotth USB so if you opted out of it you would get a further £200 discount because Ford still give the dealer the money for it.

Also added this month -

£250 registration bonus (Discount) Any car registed and bought any this month

£100 Registration bonus (Discount) Any car registered in December

£450 Deposit allowance on Ford Finance on all models excl Studio

i got this

a white zetec 1.4tdci 3dr with free upgrade promotion of bluetooth plus supagarded

i p/x my 2004 citroen c2 1.1i which had about 34000m on the clock

payed just over £9000

they had the car priced at £14000 so i saved £3k as they priced my c2 at £2k

So what was the price of the car? Before the part-ex? £11k?

10k is not bad i suppose but your other car is only 2 years old ,if you dont mind me asking how much did they value your car at?

10k is the price of the car, before the part-ex. Mine is a 08 Zetec Blue 1.4. They are giving me £6,600 for mine, but there is £5,400 outstanding.

I still cannot see how to get a better deal at the moment. The other dealers think I am winding them up with this offer I have had and are telling me to snap their hands off.

So what was the price of the car? Before the part-ex? £11k?

10k is the price of the car, before the part-ex. Mine is a 08 Zetec Blue 1.4. They are giving me £6,600 for mine, but there is £5,400 outstanding.

I still cannot see how to get a better deal at the moment. The other dealers think I am winding them up with this offer I have had and are telling me to snap their hands off.

the fiesta zetec i got was selling at £14k before p/x , so i got £2k for my p/x car off that price , so really i saved about 3k and ended up paying in total 9k

the fiesta zetec i got was selling at £14k before p/x , so i got £2k for my p/x car off that price , so really i saved about 3k and ended up paying in total 9k

So on the car itself, thats about a similar level of discount I would be getting - about 22% or so from list price. Are you happy with that discount? Have you heard of anyone getting better deals.

So on the car itself, thats about a similar level of discount I would be getting - about 22% or so from list price. Are you happy with that discount? Have you heard of anyone getting better deals.

personally if you think thats a fair price they are offering go for it , there will always be someone who may of got a better deal , just remember when buying a car you are in control so try to get as much off as possible.

personally if you think thats a fair price they are offering go for it , there will always be someone who may of got a better deal , just remember when buying a car you are in control so try to get as much off as possible.

I always like to have the last word though :) They are not budging on the last offer, so I am calling their bluff and giving it a few days. In the meantime, will keep trying other dealers.

Three more today have said they cannot get near it.

Not sure if I should think more about the Mazda 2 - which appears better value? Or perhaps the Seat Ibiza, again possibly better value for money.

Just been to a Mazda dealer. They can do the Mazda 2 Tamura, withe the car at a similar price. Although with the better finance deal and even better trade-in for my old one, it works out at £20 per month cheaper than the Fiesta would. Mmmm, not sure now.

Hi Superdon, I know obviously on this forum everyone's a little bit biased but I did a lot of research before I bought my mk7 fiesta and I'm fairly sure its the best supermini on sale in the UK right now. The Mazda 2 is a bit cheaper and does look pretty good but the ride and refinement is supposed to be poor in comparison.

I was reading what car the other day and found this, http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/supermini-...ntenders/243426 . Funnily enough the fiesta comes second because of value for money... I still think it's worth it though for an extra £20 a month! ;)

Hi Superdon, I know obviously on this forum everyone's a little bit biased but I did a lot of research before I bought my mk7 fiesta and I'm fairly sure its the best supermini on sale in the UK right now. The Mazda 2 is a bit cheaper and does look pretty good but the ride and refinement is supposed to be poor in comparison.

I was reading what car the other day and found this, http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/supermini-...ntenders/243426 . Funnily enough the fiesta comes second because of value for money... I still think it's worth it though for an extra £20 a month! ;)

Thanks for the link - a good read.

Well, bit the bullet and ordered today. White with bluetooth. Got a few more ££ off the deal too :)

So, all in all happy. Its more expensive than my 08 Zetec, but it seems a much more substantial car. Only have to wait a week or so as well as its on its way already.

Good effort, that was quick! Nice to hear that you're getting it so soon aswell - I've only been waiting a month and it's agony (Saying that some of the guys on here had monumental wait times). Got my V5C through this morning which provided a few more scraps of information to keep me occupied.

Yeah I think you're right about it being more substantial. I love my 07 mk6, especially the way it handles but when I test drove a mk7 it just feels like a much bigger, smoother and overall more rounded car.

Yeah, looking forward to getting it now. Just hope I get on with the white!

I have the chassis number for my car. Any idea how I can decode it to see when it was built etc.? I forgot to ask.

This thread is really handy for your VIN no. problem - http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=7602 . Theres also the ford etis site that you can register on and view some details of your car via the VIN. Saying that I got my VIN today and it doesn't recognise it yet for some reason. :unsure:

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/what-car-r...perminis/244497

3010993284.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club