Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Opinions needed ☺

Dacosta27

Hi guys, completely new to this but il give it ago :smile: I've currently owned my Mk6 fiesta zetec s for just over a year and can honestly say that for a first car it's been a real treat! Insurance wise wasn't to bad at £1300 until (4days into driving) I went into the back of a polo it now stands at £171 per month :blink:, it's now my second year and I'm feeling a change. Not so much due to the size (which is adequate) but more so power. I've taken liking to the red edition mk7.5 zetec s along with the metal [134bhp] but can't really make my mind up. I have test drove the metal and did like it. It was a 61plate with 37,000miles on the clock and priced at £7670 altho it didn't feel like it would pull away from my fez, is it worth scrapping both and saving for the S.T? My budget is around £8000 pushing to £11,000 (for the ST) any advice will be gladly appreciated! Thanks

I have the red edition mate, brilliant wee car.

If your buying it out then I'd say get it and you can do some bits and bobs to it. 

Its a nippy little thing as it stands and with a new induction kit and maybe a re map and you'll be flying. 

Not sure how much you would get a second hand red edition for, mines is brand new so couldn't tell you. But I can say that its a good car, fun to drive and has a little kick. If you want more of a kick then yes save for the ST but your insurance will be costly I presume. 

Hi fraserrg, 

Thanks for your reply :smile: I've read nothing but great reviews for the red edition, I belive you can pick a good condition one fairly new with low miles for around £9000 to £11000 which is well worth the money! Is there anywhere you'd suggest getting the mods? Pumaspeed seems to be the name I always hear.

Insurance for the s.t works out to be an extra 20per month which doesn't seem to bad I'm just not sure about the running costs :mellow: having just brought a house I'd rather that suck me dry haha