Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noisy interior at speed

fladavid

Hi. 

I have a 55 plate 2.0 Ghia and since I've owned it I've noticed considerable noise when traveling at speed on A roads or motorways. It almost sounds like the tailgate is slightly ajar,which it isn't, as the noise seems to be from the rear of the car

Is this a known issue or have I got a problem? 

Thanks. 

David. 

mk 2 are noise mines a face lift and the road noise is bad:sad:

• Like 1

There's a severe lack of sound deadening around the boot/wheel arch area.  It wasn't rectified in the facelift either.  Can't have a conversation at anything over 60! :mellow:

• Like 1

Time buy some closed cell foam and Silent Coat and bring out the toolbox :)

sure its not tyre noise ?

some are quieter than others..............

I sound proofed the boot wheel arches right through to the rear footwell.  made little difference, I think it might be the doors, windows too thin? limited insulation between the engine bay and the cabin perhaps? I dunno, but it is the one thing I don't like about the car more than any other.

• Like 1

Very disappointed in our Mk2.5. Lots of road noise and wind noise. Much noisier than our old Mk1.5 or our recent Mk3. Not helped by the buzzy 1.8 engine that really needs a sixth gear.

Yes I agree. I came from an S reg mark one that was ok with noise. 

Tbh my 2.0 engine is so quiet that after hearing the noise I stop at lights and think I've stalled as I can't hear the engine. 

Still good to know it's not a fault with my car, is a fault with everybody's!!! Lol.

agree with road  noise on the facelift. At lower speeds its not bad but motorways ect its pretty harsh. I was thinking about adding more sound proofing at some point myself. Other than that the focus is a top class car. On the up side at least I cant hear the kids screaming on long runs lol!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club