Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drive belt on old Ford KA

humblefordowner

Hello all

I have an old Ford KA, it's a 2000 model and needs a new drive belt. I decided to check on eBay and on Euro Car parts where I noticed there are two alternatives: a belt with a manual tensioner and one with an automatic tensioner. My problem now is which one should fit? I haven't got a clue how to check that so I need some advice.

Can I put my VIN number on a website somewhere to get this information?

Could someone point to me how do I go about checking for this tensioner?

My Ford KA has power steering and no A/C.

Thank you all in advance! 

phone your local fords parts dept or go in there ant they will be able to tell you and give you a price

1 hour ago, delboy said:

phone your local fords parts dept or go in there ant they will be able to tell you and give you a price

Thanks for the suggestion, my concern is whether they will charge me to just to tell me this tiny detail. I'll ring a few dealers tomorrow and see how far I get.

• 1 month later...

did you get the part

If you go to eurocarparts - enter you car reggie and it will list those that are compatible.

If you check the box "fitment detail" it will narrow down which belt is the one you need.

Remember and use topcashback gets you 4% at the moment when you shop at eurocarparts.

I've always found them very reliable although some would disagree!

They are always very good for advice so if you are unsure give them a bell - they dont charge for advice!