Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Music

ChrisJ310

Hi all I have bought a 2009 Mondeo and I Have managed to connect my iPhone 5s to the DAB stereo and receive and make calls however I am unable to play music.

Any ideas ? 

May not be a module that supports bluetooth streaming (A2DP) ?

Sent from my SM-G930F

I believe you need the one that has USB support, to stream music.

• Like 1

You need to remove glovebox and check what bluetooth module you have fitted, probably 8M5T-19G488-AX (A=English X=Version) if you want USB facility then you need to change to 8M5T-19C112-AX , only version M or later supports streaming from phone.

ignore the USB port on the 19G488 Module, it is a service port only, The 19C112 Module states "with USB" if not their its not USB.

to add: The module is above the glovebox facing rearwards, you have to lay on your back to peer upwards, remove one screw to remove.

• Like 1

Chris. Does your phone show in its bluetooth settings that your phone is connected to make calls and play media music?

If yes then disconnect the car battery for 30 secs then after reconnecting try your phone again.

I have a reoccurring problem where music from my phone stops without notice. Only remedy is disconnecting the battery.

If your phone in bluetooth settings state your phone is not connected for media then it'll be the cars bluetooth module not made to play media or faulty.

I seem to recall in a 58 plate mk4 mondeo titanium I never played Bluetooth media music but did do calls. Mind you in my 11 plate mk4.5 tit x sport it was the same. Only in the 2 mk3 focus tit x was/am I able to play Bluetooth media.

Thanks for all your help. It appears that the module I have doesn't support blue tooth streaming and just voice calls.

I will have t look at other options. Anyone any ideas where I get a module that will play blue tooth streamed music

Fleabay, mine cost me £65 and was a straight swap. they are not model specific, mine came out of a Fiesta

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club