Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Module Location

orby

HI There

i have recently purchased a 2014 Focus nicest car i have owned and as treat as 40 this year also i went for the titanium x that screamed own me when i went to eye up prices etc,got it home  but i was saddened to find out i had an older bluetooth module and can't get track names etc, after some research it appears i can swap this box out and get the newest software for it, but i can't even find solid info of where it is and pulled the glove box out and had a good look around in there

can anyone help out at all? 

Matt

dont think you can swap modules , you must have the last of the sync before sync with app link. you should be able to get track names even on sync.

if you have better info on swapping , then the sync module is low down under radio

hi, thanks for replying, i believe i have applink 1.0 as i have options for mobile apps in my menu and can stream spotify from my iPhone, but it appears applink 1.0 has been left behind on the recent bug fixes and supposedly to get applink 1.1 i just need to swap the module with one of those  am more than comfortable taking bits apart just always handy if there is a guide or a couple screenshots to aid me on my way

i can get the track names if i use the usb cable to my phone but via bluetooth all i get is track 1, track 2 etc

are you able to assist with a screenshot or guide that mentions it?

On the Focus MK3 there are 2 different version of SYNC.

*SYNC 1.0 was the first version of the SYNC system. SYNC 1.0 does not have APPlink.

*SYNC 1.1 with Applink.

If you currently have APPlink you must have the SYNC 1.1 system. This is the latest available SYNC system for the Focus MK3. Software updates of both SYNC 1.0 and SYNC 1.1 can officially only be performed by a Ford dealer. There are alternative ways (downloading the updates from the Ford India website for example) but this is completely at your own risk.

The type of SYNC module can easily be identified by the part number. The part number can be acquired without disassembly by diagnostics (for example using an ELM327 interface and the FoCCCus software).

The APIM (SYNC) module is mounted behind the dashboard behind the Climate Control panel. You have to remove the radio and several dashboard panels first to have access to the APIM module.

Be aware that an APIM module from a different vehicle is often noet plug and play. It will be necessary to reprgram it to match your car.

• Like 1

this is the info i'm going on and is exactly how mine works also and matches model numbers on the original module, it's translated from dutch but i have found this was the best explanation from everything i have researched

The SYNC 1.1 1.0 module is different from a module and can not be modified by a software update. My MK7,5 Fiesta came with a SYNC 1.0 module (AM5T-14D212-AD) and i replaced with a SYNC 1.1 module (D1BT-14D212-CC). The only difference on the outside is missing one USB port (SYNC 1.0 module had two USB ports). When I had the module to be updated swapped module, did the module from scratch. 30 seconds later, everything worked fine. The result is that I got an extra menu with the option to search for app on the paired phone. On my S5 mini state spotify app and I can now be operated via the radio (without USB cable). Do not expect too much from, the possibilities are limited.

I have a 1.1 APIM my fc_focus3.gifput. I now enjoy AppLink and have it also can upgrade via the unofficial way (USB stick) to software version 5.9 (with Siri support). Part Number: D1BT-14D212-ed to me does not matter the last letter or even the last two letters. They stand for a few bucks on eBay. However, be careful if it is a copy of a Focus. I had to see a Fiesta and I got a DTC. I had to @ pd3jcw along to change some settings with UCDS to dismiss it. 

i've already sourced the module for a focus so thought i have nothing to loose really 

and thanks soon as it cools down will begin the hunt for it

• Thanks 1

if anyone was interested i just finished doing what i was hoping it would do and all appears to be working 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there

ive just bought a 2013 titanium and was wondering if the modules are strait swap plug and play?

mine currently doesn't display track names on bluetooth or connect with Spotify so I guess I have the 1.0 module? 

Interesting thread. My 14 plate titanium x focus Does display track and artist and album via bluetooth on Spotify and music from my phones music file.

My only issue is total loss of connectivity to my phone making it necessary to disconnect the battery then re pairing my phone. No known cure.

• 1 year later...
On 12/06/2016 at 4:17 PM, orby said:

if anyone was interested i just finished doing what i was hoping it would do and all appears to be working 

I'm interested!

I bought the D1BT-14D212-ED module from eBay to upgrade my sync from 1.0 to 1.1 for the extra features.

From reading a thread on the Fiesta part of this site it seems an easy swap on Fiestas but there's nothing I've seen so far on the MK3 Focus.

Do you have any tips or info that would help me with this?

Thanks

It may require a Software update.

I updated the software myself (sync 2) see updating sync 2 thread.

Sync 1 is basic but it works.

Have you thought of installing the Sony Satnav unit !!!!

Jamie

Just now, james_60 said:

It may require a Software update.

I updated the software myself (sync 2) see updating sync 2 thread.

Sync 1 is basic but it works.

Have you thought of installing the Sony Satnav unit !!!!

Jamie

How would I do the software update if required?

Yeah I looked at other options with Sync 2 and the Sony Satnav unit etc. but they put the cost up a lot. May change that in the future but for now I just wanted the Syn 1.1 features. Unless breakers are cheaper than eBay

people often sell the sony sync 1 satnav unit. 

I dont know how to update sync 1 but i know or remember that you could update it in a fiesta.

Dont worry about sync 2 its a different animal.

Jamie

I was hoping it would be as simple as it sounds on the Fiesta in this guide

If not it may be that it could be beyond my technical means. We shall see. Doesn't seem to be much information on the internet about doing this sort of change.

Yep, that unit would be nice. However the pain I'd receive from my other half for spending that much on a heat unit would not be at the moment :laugh:

• Haha 1

Just now, iantt said:

how much!!! not even got nav

going rate lol

:p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club