Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best cleaning products for exterior trims?

Taafe

Hi,

So I've got got my Zetec S yesterday Brand spanking new and wanna clean and protect it myself. 

Stupidly I got diamond brite for £350 and to be honest I can't even tell it's Been done! And I'm definitely not happy with the cleaning as it's got dust and little bits of !Removed! all over it. 

Just got myself a snow foam lance and pre wash kit pretty much everything apart from something to keep the exterior black grill and plastic around the wing mirrors etc. I just don't want them to fade over time and would like something to clean and protect it but noting harsh as to damaged or mark it! Anyone know of a good product especially for this that they have used themself's on a new car?  Thanks, Brad

I use CarPro Perl diluted 1:3 on my exterior black plastics and it keeps them black and matte. Its great at keeping the front grill looking black and clean. I use it on the grill, fog light surrounds, rear bumper inserts, window surrounds, general outside plastic bits and I use it undiluted on the tyres as a dressing. 

Autoglanz Trim Reaper.

UV protection

Highly dilutable

Non greasy

Extremely durable

Good for tyres and trim.

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

i used gtechniq c4 permanent trim restorer  2 coats  on all  my black trim it looks good and its unbeatable.A bit pricey but in the long run out lasts and preforms anything out there.

I've used C4 several times and I don't really rate it. Yes its more durable, but the finish does drop a little as it settles down into its permanant state

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

intresting gingerflame  every one to there own but i have had the  opposite to your  experience .i have applied 2 coats  few weeks apart.it did tho seem to get darker after a week or so  now its  as dark or better than new and will out last most other products.

cant go wrong with it and it lasts. but also depends on the trim you put it on to start with as well as how its prepped 

I've tried several products, probably hundreds as its sort of my job to have the best I feel I can offer my clients

Even with preperation I'd still rather reapply a product every couple of months and get the desired finish :)

• Like 1

On 05/06/2016 at 6:45 PM, GingerFlame said:

I've tried several products, probably hundreds as its sort of my job to have the best I feel I can offer my clients

Even with preperation I'd still rather reapply a product every couple of months and get the desired finish :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

fair enuffs  what you fined is good over time and use is some times the best   but all i see you recommend mainly  are products you sell on your web site .And slate any other that you dont .but all to there own  in the end.

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

fair enuffs  what you fined is good over time and use is some times the best   but all i see you recommend mainly  are products you sell on your web site .And slate any other that you dont .but all to there own  in the end.

I don't sell Autoglanz for a start.

I don't sell fireball Korea either.

Both brands that I recommend regularly

There's a reason I stock the brands that I stock, and that's because they work for a reasonable price that everybody can afford. No overpriced gimmicks.

They're also not rebottled like a lot of the other stuff on the market.

• Like 2

There's a reason I stock the brands that I stock, and that's because they work for a reasonable price that everybody can afford. No overpriced gimmicks.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

lol seems to hit  a nerve. just saying it seems that way with your posts.it is no secret that  lots of people re brand and bottle others items  but over priced gimmicks some are and some are not.Thats a  bit harsh when it really works for most  but not for you  .well nuff said ill end it here as i hit  a nerve with what i said :p.

You didn't hit a nerve, I was merely replying to the comment in a professional & mature manner.

All I have to say is go and start a business and see where you get without recommending anything to anybody. Also, try not giving advice or your opinion to people that ask, makes you real popular 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i will give  people  advice if i find it helps  and is usefull. DONT need to be  a valeter with my own business to give advice as it seems you think  this is relevant in some way.

Edited by alexp999
cleanup

I'm a detailer for a start mate, not a valeter. That's all I have to say on the matter. There's a huge difference. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acake said:

i will give  people  advice if i find it helps  and is usefull. DONT need to be  a valeter with my own business to give advice as it seems you think  this is relevant in some way.

Come on lads no need for point scoring or trying to wind people up...

I think it's good that people have varied opinions as the world would be a very boring place but just cause something works for one person and not another doesn't mean it's no good..

Edited by alexp999
cleanup
  • Like 3

After the above post & the DM I received he's taking a break from the forum & I'm locking this thread hence this will be the end of it :)

There are hundreds of threads in the detailing section containing reviews from countless brands, that I do & do not stock, hence if you're looking for feedback on something then the detailing section is a fantastic place to look. I've been surprised in the past as to some of the reviews I've found on there & I've found some truly great products tucked away further down :)

• Like 2