Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wing mirror pin outs

Makintosh1986

Hello all. Never joined a forum but often look at them for guides and advice so forgive me if I post something wrong. 

Can any give me advise on the pre face-lift wing mirror wiring and post face-lift. 

I'm installing post face-lift wing mirrors to my focus mk2 pre face-lift. 

Pre face-lift has 5 wires

Post face-lift has 6 wires. 

From what I've figured out so far,  blue green and red wires on both wing mirrors go to the motor to adjust mirrors. 

Then there's 3 other wires on post face-lift, 2 of them are for indicators and the last wire I presume is to do with heated mirror function. 

On the pre face-lift after the 3wires for the mirror movement, there's 2 wires left over and there is no indicator, so I'd suspect they must be for the heated mirror but why is there 2 wires for that where as the post face-lift wing mirror only uses 1 wire. 

Any advice? 

Hi and welcome.

You might find the info you're looking for here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/42898-ford-focus-full-wiring-schematics-mk225-and-mk3/

I just tried to download the file to look but it's not working for me at the moment. You may have more luck.

Hello and thank you for replying, I have downloaded that pdf already as I have tryed searching prior to posting but I don't really understand what I'm looking at on that wiring schematics lol. 

Thank you tho for replying

The mirror heating and indicator have a combined ground wire. You should have the following wires:

* 1st adjustment wire.

* 2nd adjustment wire.

* 3rd adjustment wire.

* mirror heating positive wire

* indicator positive wire.

* Combined Ground wire.

Did you already install the facelift mirrors onto the pre-facelift doors? facelift side mirrors have a different fitment than the pre-facelift side mirrors and do not fit without modifications. Most peaople who have done this conversion used facelift Focus CC mirrors. unlike the normal Focus the CC doors did not change during the facelift. The fitment of both pre-facelift and facelift CC mirrors is identical.

Thank you jw1982, gutted I didn't see anywhere about cc wing mirrors before buying these post face-lift wing mirrors lol.  i have trial fitted the mirror but until I get the wiring correct I wont install them. They seemed to fit ok, not brilliant but ok lol. Definitely wouldn't notice it looking out of place. 

From what I've seen from from stripping down both wing mirrors for pre and post face-lift, there's the following wires and colours... 

Post-6 wires: #1 Brown #2 green #3 white #4 red #5 yellow #6 blue 

The yellow+blue go to indicator bulb. Green+white+red go to motor

Then the only Brown wire goes to glass mirror but on the actual mirror there is 2 Brown wires coming off of it but the additional Brown wire is not on the wiring block. Couldn't trace where it goes off to but heads into where all wires are posted through together. 

Pre-5 wires: #1 Brown #2 Brown #3 blue #4 green #5 red

The blue+green+red go to the motor

The brown+Brown go to glass mirror. 

Be aware that the wiring inside the mirrors does not comply to the schematics. The color of this wiring is not included in the schematics. You can only identify these wires by the connector pin positions that can be found in the schematics.

Your car will most likely not have the indicator wiring. mirrors with indicators are always controlled by door modules. Door modules are only present on cars with comfort windows (4-power windows), Double Locking and/or mirrors with indicators. If your car does not have door modules you either have to convert the car to door modules or you have to install wiring from the interior to the doors. The easiest way to do this is by removing the doors.

My plan was to just use the wing panel indicator wiring and wire it to the wing mirror indicator as that seems the easiest way. But still not sure how I'm going to wire the correct wiring for all the other functions of the wing mirror as I'm still a spare wire/1 wire short, varying what wing mirror wiring I'm looking at lol. It's going to have to be a trial and error game. I will make a guide once I have (hopefully)  succeeded 

• Like 1

I feel rather dumb and think I over complicated these wiring pin outs. Jw1982 your 1st post was correct. Pulled through the wiring loom and the is additional brown wire what disappears is joined onto the blue wire. . . :/ 

IMAG0481.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club