Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where's my oil going?

Rowey

Hi, can anyone help? My sons fiesta is using loads of oil but is not leaking or appears to be burning it. It's a 1996 1.25 zetec which runs quietly and smoothly but drinks oil. ( 4 litres in the last 10 days ) Any suggestions please!!!

Hi, can anyone help? My sons fiesta is using loads of oil but is not leaking or appears to be burning it. It's a 1996 1.25 zetec which runs quietly and smoothly but drinks oil. ( 4 litres in the last 10 days ) Any suggestions please!!!

Maybe head gasket is going? Same thing happened on my daughter's Ka.

hi,

does he drive it like an animal or normaly? or what you know of :lol:

i have the same problem as yours but not as bad. my problem was before i change dthe oil to ford specific is that at higher rpms with the wrong oil it was getting past the rings.

you wont no unless you drive behind him and rev it out to see if its bluing.

what oil are you using currently?

hi,

does he drive it like an animal or normaly? or what you know of :lol:

i have the same problem as yours but not as bad. my problem was before i change dthe oil to ford specific is that at higher rpms with the wrong oil it was getting past the rings.

you wont no unless you drive behind him and rev it out to see if its bluing.

what oil are you using currently?

Hi thanks for that. Seems to be running normally with no other running issues at all. Must admit have been using some pretty cheap oil as its been using so much so will certainly give some decent stuff a go.

Thanks very much again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe head gasket is going? Same thing happened on my daughter's Ka.

Thanks very much for that, will look into it!

Cheers

cheap oil is not good for your engine it may be good on the pocket but thats about it.4 litres in 10 days is a lot of oil to get through so i would follow him down the road in the daylight to make sure there is no excess smoke coming out the exhaust.also does he warm the car up first as driving quite hard and fast b4 warm will use oil also millage may help as it could be rings.

Hi thanks for that. Seems to be running normally with no other running issues at all. Must admit have been using some pretty cheap oil as its been using so much so will certainly give some decent stuff a go.

Thanks very much again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont just use any oil.

i used good oil (castrol) and it still got past the rings)

use this stuff....its in the sale at the moment aswell....its for your engine(took some !Removed! finding but oh well here it is)- http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-882-motul-ford...nosynthese.aspx

while your at it chang ethe filter etc...

good luck.

dont just use any oil.

i used good oil (castrol) and it still got past the rings)

use this stuff....its in the sale at the moment aswell....its for your engine(took some !Removed! finding but oh well here it is)- http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-882-motul-ford...nosynthese.aspx

while your at it chang ethe filter etc...

good luck.

Thanks again

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club