Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First service, best place to go?

FLXY

So my car is due for its first service (1.0 ecoboost zetec s) this month, and I was wondering where to get it done. John gross (most local) don't advertise their price for a full service but I'm guessing a it's around the £170 mark? Is it worth looking about or am I looking at spending around that mark anyway? Thanks 

There isn't usually much in the price of servicing.

I'd recommend going somewhere you trust rather than the outright cheapest.

• Like 1

If you get your service at a Ford main dealership they give you a years Ford roadside assistance  (apparently worth £120) If like my local agent they also valet your car, (£10).

Just paid £190 for mine so the service works out at £60.

Just be careful, there is a difference between service wash and valet :)

• Like 2

My car came back spotless. better than the Bossos down the road who are pretty good.

Try the online booking on the ford website, usually cheaper, just double check with that dealer to confirm price and booking.

Why not try a Ford service plan, approx £12.00 per month free roadside assistance and valetted before returning your vehicle.

they best not touch my car next year when it goes in for a service. ive spent too long detailing it for them to scratch it :)

Just make sure to tell them you don't want it washed as part of the service.

4 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Just be careful, there is a difference between service wash and valet :)

That's definitely true. In my case they washed the car before the service, then when they went for the test drive they got muck all up the sides of the car.

what do you expect, your car probably had a thrashing round some country lanes !!! lol

3 minutes ago, iantt said:

what do you expect, your car probably had a thrashing round some country lanes !!! lol

You mean a road test....... right? :laugh:

When my exhaust is fitted Thurs I'm going to leave my dashcam hooked up, so will be interesting to see the footage after.

Never left it with them since having a dashcam. Never had any extra miles added, so not too worried, but still will be interesting to watch. Especially towards end of the year for the service.

Maybe I should move the fuse tap to a permanent live so I can see everything they do even when the engine isn't running.... (Although I guess you'll just get a good view of the bonnet during a service, lol.)

• Like 2

My brother once left his dash cam on his BMW 3 series in for a service at a BMW dealership. Clocked one of the techs taking it to the shops and speeding too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, road test.:D

I've checked out my dashcam footage after having leaving the car at the dealers a few times now, not seen anything dodgy yet, and that's how I know they didn't take it for a joy ride. There is some amusing stuff though, last time there was a stand off between the mechanic trying to drive my car out of the dealership and a customer trying to find somewhere to park haha.

£170 for a minor service on a small hatchback is steep no matter which way you cut it.

and throwing in fords own roadside assistance that you may not need or want , plus a quick once over by a bucket & sponge monkey hardly makes it deal of the century either......

bearing in mind the biggest cost / job will just be an oil and filter change , i'd be shopping around for a better price.

saying that though my local ford dealers are money grabbing f***ers who always seem to recommend no end of over-priced non essential repairs , so hopefully your local franchise is a bit more honourable.

I always have my car serviced by the For dealer I bought it from and I've always been happy with the service I have received. (Sandicliffe).   The car always comes back spotless and I get a free 1 year roadside assistance which saves me a lot of money over the RAC.   there is usually three miles extra on the clock.   True, they do offer a load of 'extras' on occasion but it's quite easy to say no.   I find one thing to be wary of though is the warnings that your brakes are ready for new pads when there might be another year's wear on them.   I remember many years ago when I had a Granada Scorpio, it had a brake wear warning light.   I was using a different dealer then and was told that the pads were badly worn.   I pointed out that the light wasn't on and was told that it wasn't reliable.   I didn't bother and the light came on two years later with still a little wear to go.

Two quotes from around my part that won't require too much travel and use genuine parts  

John Grose  £195 (bit surprised I must say for a 1 litre) 

Halfords auto centre £170

Hmmm

If that's Halfords Autocentre in Ipswich I would avoid at all costs!  Had nothing but trouble from them myself.

I didn't realise a first service cost so much though I must admit.

• Like 1

^ Yes I'd say avoid Halfords like the plague. My first service was about £120 or £130 at a Ford dealer. It wasn't a main dealer but I still got the 1 year breakdown cover. But breakdown cover isn't very expensive especially for a 1 year old Fiesta, and any garage that uses Ford parts will not affect the warranty.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club