Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shoddy Car park driving + UK Law FAIL!

Dee_82

Hi all, I thought we had a Dash cam area but ill be damned if I can see it any more so I figured it would post this in general, hope that's ok,

My camera has parking mode which is a great feature you should seriously consider getting with your dash cam, it picks up things like this.....

Not content with hitting my car once she came back for seconds, She failed to report this to myself or the police, the insurance company reclaimed 100% from her insurance and found her completely at fault.

She was charged with leaving the scene and failing to report an accident, might have also been charged with careless driving or something like that.

Case went to court and she got acquitted of all charges.

Apparently its ok to reverse in to someone else's car and drive off IF firstly you find some random unrelated person to speak to and tell them you hit their car, get that person to look at their car which is perfectly fine because you hit someone else, then in court say you did everything you could to contact the owner of the car you did hit because you thought you spoke to them.

This driver was at fault, insurance confirmed it, but this is the kinda BS that lets bad drivers stay on the road with no fear of doing wrong, the legal system in the UK is insane, the police were miffed by it all.

• Like 3

How did they even manage that twice!? 

On the plus side, maybe I'll start parking by feel if it's legal with no consequences. :mellow:

• Like 2

I have no idea, I suspect its because she cant see anything, these folk buy these relatively large cars without any real experience in driving them, just as well it wasn't some kid she ran over, which is what I would be thinking if I were the judge, I mean she can miss a Shiny Silver Focus in front of a red brick building, whats the chance she will see a 6 year old on a bike!

• Like 4

I wouldn't be surprised if she's doing the same in every carpark!

• Like 3

ive not seen her about at all since then, the car was shared between her and her husband so perhaps he has stopped her from using it!

• Like 1

Moved to dashcam forum.

As everyone else has said, how did she do it twice? WTH.

I can't understand how people can care so little for other people's property, it is so disrespectful.

• Like 2

if you  ever see the vehicle again you what too do????

If I came face to face with her, id tell her that she might have been let off but that doesn't change the fact she needs to be more careful and  respect other peoples property, I would then say that my car could have been a small child and because of your lack of observation that kid could have ended up in hospital and if nothing else, because of her actions I could have ended up paying for her mistake..... or something to that effect.

• Like 1

Goes to show what you can get away with with a good solicitor. Too many laws suck.

• Like 2

Technically if you cannot contact the owner of the vehicle you should leave a note with all details and report the incident to the police, why the court acquitted her is beyond me.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club