Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 vs mk4/mk5

millsydt

which is faster a fiesta 1.25 82hp mk7 or the mk4/5 1.25 as my friend had a mk7 1.25 82 as a courtesy car and he said it went like a 1.4 but the stats say they are slower than the old type 1.25 im confused about this.

Millsy

which is faster a fiesta 1.25 82hp mk7 or the mk4/5 1.25 as my friend had a mk7 1.25 82 as a courtesy car and he said it went like a 1.4 but the stats say they are slower than the old type 1.25 im confused about this.

Millsy

when i got my mk7 im sure the salesman said that my 1.4 is based on the old 1.6 engine or something along knows lines?

I don't think there's very much in it at all to be honest. The mk7 has a few more bhp, whereas it also weighs a little more. The 0-60 on both is around the same and they have pretty similar power to weight ratios. There's only one way to find out which one's quicker! ;)

Ford's figures for the 1.25 82bhp state something like 12 seconds for 0-60

its around 11 and a half, got 11.4 outta mine the other day

It's not fair to pit a Mk4/Mk5 directly against a Mk7. Mk7's engine will be brand new and producing as close to 100% of factory spec power as possible.

Mk4/5 with some age probably won't be (some ponies escape given age, although looked after I wouldn't think many), which could account for your friend finding it faster.

Chris...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club