Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help

Dianne A

ive got a 59 plate fiesta and just recently the warning on the dash has come on saying my drivers door and drivers passenger doors are open when there not and it is constantly bing bing bing just doesn't stop took it to 2 different auto elecricians they both said it was door latches I got them replaced and it didn't solve problem theres no broken wires in door ive disconnected battery nothing does anyone have any ideas please 

2 hours ago, Dianne A said:

doors are open when there not and it is constantly bing bing bing

Hi, must be a nightmare!

On the Focus, the door ajar switches inside the doors all go into the GEM, which is a major electronic module, that is part of the Passenger Fuse Box (under the glovebox in my car). I am reasonably confident the Fiesta will be the same, or very similar.

Unless you fancy diagnosing the GEM yourself (we can try to help, but it is a complex electronic unit), take it back to the better(?) of the auto-electricians, to check out the GEM. It can be diagnosed & tested via the car main diagnostic socket.

If you have questions, or get any results, please post here. May help others.

Peter.

• Like 2

I agree with peter, gem/ bcm likely to be at fault,

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Hi, must be a nightmare!

On the Focus, the door ajar switches inside the doors all go into the GEM, which is a major electronic module, that is part of the Passenger Fuse Box (under the glovebox in my car). I am reasonably confident the Fiesta will be the same, or very similar.

Unless you fancy diagnosing the GEM yourself (we can try to help, but it is a complex electronic unit), take it back to the better(?) of the auto-electricians, to check out the GEM. It can be diagnosed & tested via the car main diagnostic socket.

If you have questions, or get any results, please post here. May help others.

Peter.

Thanks so much will take it back today and let you know how I got on

1 hour ago, iantt said:

I agree with peter, gem/ bcm likely to be at fault,

thank you will let you know later its driving me mad

• Like 1

auto electrician couldn't fit me in today said he could see me tomorrow so will let u know thanks again guys

tell him connector c7 pin 10 green/violet is o/s/f door switch   and connector c7 pin 3 yellow is o/s/r door switch

im assuming from your previous post those are the doors that are causing issues?

c7 is one of the body control module connectors he needs to look at.

• Like 1

How did you get on today with your auto electrician?

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:42 PM, Dianne A said:

auto electrician couldn't fit me in today said he could see me tomorrow so will let u know thanks again guys

hi been back to auto electricians he put machine on it its still coming up door latches took it to another different electrician he saying the same when I told them door latches had been replaced they said it wasn't gem as machine would have shown it up but when latches were replaced  they needed to be programed in ??? does any 1 no if this is the case please

23 minutes ago, Dianne A said:

when latches were replaced  they needed to be programed in

I have had a quick look around, & can find no reference to Programming Door Latches.

If a garage replaced the latches, you should query it with them. They should have the Ford workshop procedure.

From what Ian said (and he is usually accurate), there is just one wire (open/close signal I guess) from the "door open" switches back to the GEM/BCM unit. No need to re-programme that. (Though it could just possibly be a LIN bus connection)

I do not know whether these latches are simple solenoids or motors with on/off signals, or whether they are smart modules with bus connections. Need a wiring diagram or details of the latches to tell that. Details of car model & trim level might help track down pictures or details of the latch.

Frustratingsad.png

If we keep this thread alive, someone else might join in who has either re-programmed the latches or knows they need no programming.

Peter.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club