Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium Mk3 facelift mood lighting

Scotty Pro

Hi all,

does anyone know how to change the interior mood lighting from red to a more subtle colour, or is it not possible.

If it isn't possible with a switch or whatever, how easy is it to replace the bulbs?

On my titanium X there is a knob by the sunglasses holder in the roof lining. 

You our turn it and the colour changes. But you can only do this when the lights are on inside the car. 

The titanium X has the changeable mood lightning. The Titanium is simply red (hehe!).  I'm not sure how to change it in the Titanium but apparently it is a massive job to upgrade it to the titX version.  

I'm interested to know if just changing the bulbs will work, I kinda want green light in mine I think.

They are LEDs not bulbs.

If you want to change the colour you'd need to either fit the titanium x kit and programme it or resolder different colour LEDs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alexp999 said:

They are LEDs not bulbs.

If you want to change the colour you'd need to either fit the titanium x kit and programme it or resolder different colour LEDs.

I was hoping this would not be the case. I had a 62 plate preface model with the changeable colours as Adrian points out, I just thought that they might have changed the switch to somewhere else. Seems like what I have, I'm sort of stuck with :(

TBH, I think the pre facelift lighting is far superior to my current models lighting, there was much more prominent lighting in the older version whereas now I have a small red light which doesn't really give out much light.

Apart from the lighting, and the position of the handbrake I do think the facelift is a much better car though. It seems to handle better, which I would have thought nigh on impossible and I love the new centre console layout.

I have to say on my 16 plate focus titanium has lovely blue lighting on the cluster dials etc, then a very naff orange mood lighting that is barely visible. To me it should be blue to match everything else.

Titanium Focus has always has red ambient lighting since 2011. Only the titanium X gets colour changing.
The doors have to be red when opened which probably is the reason why they did it for the whole thing. On the titanium x regardless of colour, when you open the door it goes red for that door.

On the titanium you can adjust the brightness with the instrument dimmer switches.

Also red is much better for your eyes at night.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Also red is much better for your eyes at night.

But it looks like a mobile brothel :laugh:

Glad I see this got a 2011Titanium X and had it since last August and didn't realise it had the colour change but until reading this thread. Oops shows how closely I've looked at the car.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Titanium 2008 facelift so i just have the normal interior lights, 1 each behind the sun visors, 3 in the middle, 1 in the rear and 1 in each footwell. I just changed them all to blue LED's. I prefer mood lighting to plain white and i'm sure given half a chance i'd install an invertor and some Squirrel Cage bulbs :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club