5 replies to this topic

#1 focusmarsh

focusmarsh

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Track car

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:56 AM

Hope this helps.

Our site put this together for anyone who is not sure.

Any questions, please just ask!

Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Maffoo

Maffoo

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk.7 Fiesta Zetec S TDCi

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:01 PM

What's the difference between annually and yearly?

#3 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:06 PM

What's the difference between annually and yearly?

I'd say two letters.

#4 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:13 PM

I can't say I agree with most of this guide.

Thorough detail every three months including clay, paint correction and good wax in summer/sealant in winter (with cleanser before waxing)

Then a top up detail every week to a fortnight - two bucket wash, top up the sealant or wax with your preferred Quick Detailer.

Waxing every month is a waste of product, claying only once a year is not regular enough by half and if I only corrected every year then the car would look awful in no time at all.

#5 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:18 PM

I can't say I agree with most of this guide.

Thorough detail every three months including clay, paint correction and good wax in summer/sealant in winter (with cleanser before waxing)

Then a top up detail every week to a fortnight - two bucket wash, top up the sealant or wax with your preferred Quick Detailer.

Waxing every month is a waste of product, claying only once a year is not regular enough by half and if I only corrected every year then the car would look awful in no time at all.

Are you referring to a machine correction or hand job (snigger)? Depending on miles covered, I can see there only being a need for a yearly machine polish at best, unless you drive a fair few miles at speed etc and on dirty roads. I've covered 3k miles since I clayed my car in November and after a clean, the paintwork still feels glassy and no sandy texture at all.

#6 focusmarsh

focusmarsh

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Track car

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

Are you referring to a machine correction or hand job (snigger)? Depending on miles covered, I can see there only being a need for a yearly machine polish at best, unless you drive a fair few miles at speed etc and on dirty roads. I've covered 3k miles since I clayed my car in November and after a clean, the paintwork still feels glassy and no sandy texture at all.

I have to agree. I wax monthly to keep the protection up. It is needed to ensure the best paint quality. As for "correction" if you need to do this more than once a year, I would suggest you re-think your washing technique as once a year is sometimes overkill.

Just to clarify, correction is using a mechine polisher, that's rotary or da.

Take a look at www.detailingworld.com for more info. Most detailers are on their.

Nick

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users