Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop / Start Not working

Rob2016

42 minutes ago, Vendee said:

The BMS reset works on mine and the stop/start system is fine for a couple of days, then it stops working again and I have to do the BMS reset again. I'm not really bothered but it would be interesting to know what module is causing the BMS to fail all the time. 

You probably both need new batterys then . 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, iantt said:

You probably both need new batterys then . 

You could be right. It looks like we both have 2013 models so the batteries are getting on for 6 years old. I'll probably keep mine going for a while because the stop/start system isn't a "must have" for me. Thanks.

Although I have a 2013 model, I had a new battery 2 years ago.   It was fitted by Ford under guarantee.

Hey all, 

If you have a obd2 reader and forscan (either on Android or a Windows based laptop) there is a great attribute which can be monitored, its called battery State of Charge. 

It seems that my car stops stop starting when the batter is displaying a SOC% of =< 65%, it tends to get this way after my short trip to work after a couple of weeks. 

Anything higher and it works as desired. Saying that, I have never seen it hit 90% or higher. I'm pretty sure this attribute is a guesstimate, but it works for me!

Makes sense as smart charge stops charging at 90% to save fuel. At 90% soc it will only charge when decelerating in gear.

Evening

My stop/start hasn't worked since the beginning of December when it was MOT'd, thought i would have to change the battery but did the battery reset module as it says in this topic, came home from work this evening stopped in traffic, heater on low, headlights on, gear lever in neutral, foot off clutch, stop/start kicked in. Couldn't believe it.

Not only have i saved money by not buying a new battery, i don't have to take it into the garage unneccesarily.

Also Ford should put the fix into the owners manual because i suspect not a lot of people would know about it if they didn't know about this forum. It has helped me a god send!!!!

On 2/18/2019 at 9:29 PM, cjay1 said:

If the battery is fully charged and in good condition try a battery monitor reset 

Acc on 10 seconds 

Press fog lights switch 5 times

Press hazard switch 3 times.

Battery light flashes 

Job done, switch off. stop start should start working again.

Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie with the Acc term. Does that mean you turn on the car battery or literally the ignition on for 10 seconds? My car hasn't had auto stop/start kick in for almost half a year now.

On 2/18/2019 at 10:29 PM, cjay1 said:

If the battery is fully charged and in good condition try a battery monitor reset 

Acc on 10 seconds 

Press fog lights switch 5 times

Press hazard switch 3 times.

battery light flashes 

Job done, switch off. stop start should start working again.

What is ACC? Is it Adaptive Cruise Control? Is it possible to use this when standing still? I have Cruise control but that only works when my ford wants it too. I thought Adaptive Cruise Control is for the newer models from 2017 mine is 2014

acc is short for accessory which is 1 click before engine start  acc should remain on throughout the procedure just wait 10 seconds before starting the button presses

My S/S stopped working again yesterday and I noticed that I'd left one of the internal lights on all night.   Drove from Nottingham to Worksop and the S/S was working again.   Obviously depends very much on the battery charge.

21 hours ago, cjay1 said:

acc is short for accessory which is 1 click before engine start  acc should remain on throughout the procedure just wait 10 seconds before starting the button presses

I followed this (my battery was RED when I turned my contact on and NOT GREEN) system of yours and yo and behold it worked, went for a drive this afternoon and every time I stopped, took ik out of gear and released the accelerator the enging stopped. So (at the mo) it worked for my car, thanks man.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2016 Fiesta Red Edition and my start/stop does not work.  I have tried resetting the battery as others have mentioned previously and that worked - the start/stop worked straight afterwards, but the following days after it has stopped working again.  Does anybody know why this should be so and what is the fix to get it back working again all the time.  About 2 months ago it had a flat battery due to not being used much and it had to be jump started.  Would this have anything to do with my problem now!

Any help much appreciated.

stop-start needs a good battery to work properly. if it went flat enough to not start.it is probably not in good enough condition for the stop-start to function reliably.

I recently moved out of Nottingham City centre to Nuthall (one of the suburbs).   I am now a stones throw from J26 M1 and I no longer do any driving in town.   Most of my driving is now done on the A610 and, as a result, my battery is always fully charged and the stop/start system works all the time.