Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air condition Problem

cossiedave

Hi anyone help my mk3 has no cold air at all and the air con doesnt work the heater blows hot air continually I have tried to get fault codes via the controls but it dont want to play ball :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Just for the record seeing that no one replied I bought a refill kit from Halfords and recharged the system for £40 which included the anti bacterial bomb . System now works great . I was quoted £120 by my local Dealer ???

• 4 weeks later...
Just for the record seeing that no one replied I bought a refill kit from Halfords and recharged the system for £40 which included the anti bacterial bomb . System now works great . I was quoted £120 by my local Dealer ???

If your system losses coolent again, check the aircon heat exchanger, there are 2 lugs, left and right at the bottem where it mounts, they always fail there due to corrosion, when dirt/salt collect. Usually there's a U.V flourecent diy in the coolent refils so you should see the leak if you have a uv light.

I cleaned mine up wound 2 layers of nylon thread, soaking each with cyano-acrylate (super glue), and another coat to finish worked a treat, still going 2 yrs later when i sold the car. Much to the surprise of a masterfit (vauxhall) technician who lived nex door!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club