Do Not Sell My Personal Information

central lockng

trekie34

Hello can you please help me as I have a problem where my central locking does not work not even the boot catch button, all fuses are ok and I have checked inside the fuse box and there is no fuse there, I was fitting a alarm and connecting the wire to make it a keyless entry the door that I was connecting the wire to was correct and all the other doors was still working on central locking but now none of it works so I was wondering if there is a reset sequence for my car remembering there is no thob just key entry. can you please help

• 4 weeks later...

is there not a fuse on the back of the fuse box for it i know its a git to change 

• 2 weeks later...

no i removed the fuse box from its mountings and already checked to see if there was a fuse inside, today 25th july i used a multi meter again and removed the cnnector of the door and checked the wires again, i have got 3 thin wires bk/bu bk/gn bk/og 2 are giving out 0.5 volts and one is giving out 12.6 volts there are a 2 or 3 other thicker wires with nothing coming from them but to my understanding the 3 thin wires are the central locking wires. i spoke to a engineer from evens hallshows ford dealers today and he said by going on what i told him its most likely the drivers door actuator so ordered a tested second hand one also. could someone also tell me if the locking system is posative or negative as i still need to fit the keyless entry part of the alarm it is a ford fusion 2002 1.4 petral mark 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fitting aftermarket alarms nearly always screws something up. Remove it and bin it. Nobody takes any notice of them anyway. If you get it working I will be amazed if it is still working and you don't have other major irritations with electrics in 12 months time or even less.

Who'd nick a Fusion anyway??

What you may find is that all the wiring is in place in the loom for nearly all of the optional equipment that you can have spec'd when new, so adding the required relay/controller, switch and fuse will uprate to remote locking without the need to add an alarm to gain this function. All you need is the keys or just one of those cheap as chips three button fobs sold on eBay for Transits. I'd investigate this before going down a third party add on route. Visit a scrapyard and see what you can source for very little cash.

On 7/25/2016 at 7:14 PM, trekie34 said:

could someone also tell me if the locking system is posative or negative as i still need to fit the keyless entry part of the alarm it is a ford fusion 2002 1.4 petral mark 1

the system on the car would be a negative pulse