Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leak in Drivers Footwell. 2011 MK4 Mondeo

alanf2016

Hello folks

I hope one of you kind gents can help me with a problem in my MK4 Mondeo.

I noticed the carpet in the drivers footwell was wet, and have found after ripping most of the trim off,  that it isn't the door leaking, but a leak from the central console. 

I've marked on the attached picture where the drip is coming from.

Any ideas what could be causing it?

Thanks

leak.jpg

if its clear liquid and doesnt smell of antifreeze, then its most likely air con condensation. check the aircon drain is not blocked, you can just see the upper part of air con drain in the photo, just to the right of the metal bracket near the right bolt. pull the pipe off both ends and check,

Hello Iantt

You're a Star.

Thank you very much for the help. I checked that pipe, and when I squeezed it, I could see water inside it. It then emptied out the bottom of the car, so it has indeed been a blockage.

The car has been dry for a couple of days now.

Cheers 

• Like 1

thats good to here, we are all on here to help each other out:smile:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iantt said:

thats good to here, we are all on here to help each other out:smile:

Some of us anyway :lol:

• Like 1

i was just being polite. :D

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 23/06/2016 at 11:10 PM, iantt said:

i was just being polite. :D

On 23/06/2016 at 7:35 PM, alanf2016 said:

Hello Iantt

You're a Star.

Thank you very much for the help. I checked that pipe, and when I squeezed it, I could see water inside it. It then emptied out the bottom of the car, so it has indeed been a blockage.

Cheers 

On 23/06/2016 at 7:35 PM, alanf2016 said:

Hello Iantt

You're a Star.

Cheers 

Hi just bought my s  max 62 reg and drivers foot well is wet.. reading on here I feel it could be the air con pipe.. has any one got time to explain which bits I have to take off to get to it and any photo's if possible. .I would be very grateful cherrs

i did post some photos on another thread about aircon, even think it was an s max i was dicussing, will look and see if i can find it. basically all you need to remove is the drivers side lower trim panel for centre dash(next to clutch pedal) then you will see drain pipe.

• 2 years later...

I was having a water leak in the same sort of area. It was actually leaking from a cover for the A/C unit in that area. The cover is located just above and a distance to the right of that top hose outlet. I pulled this cover off which is attached with 3 torque screws, one hidden up the top. I noticed that water would spay onto that cover when the A/C fan was turned up high to level 3 or 4. The cover had some black non drying water sealant (like a black blu tack) stuck to the bottom of the cover. I pulled it all off and re-applied it paying particular attention to the bottom left section of the cover where the water would spray when the A/C was turned up high. Then I put the cover back on making sure the screws were tight and secure. This done the job and stopped the leaking. Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

20190114_201202 2.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi does that drain hose just pull off of is there a special trick to it don't want to break it removing it 

• 1 year later...

I have the same question - can I just pull that hose off?  I tried and it seemed stiff and didn't want to force/break it if that is possible?

• 8 months later...

Water dripping as shown in the photo with yellow arrow but there is no blockage in output pipe.  Help please!