Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roof bars- Need Advice

Jollyrogers

Hello,

I was looking to get some roof bars for my focus (mk 2 hatchback 2007 zetec) for a camping trip. However I wasnt planning on spending a fortune as I will probably only use them once a year. 

I have been offered some but they are off a mk 1 focus I was just wondering does anybody know if they will fit or am I going to let the moths pit my wallet and buy some. 

Any advice/guidance will be helpful  ☺

Thanks Matt

Using them only once a year perhaps hiring some will be more adequate for you

• Like 1

focus MK1/MK1.5 hatchback roof bars do not fit on the Focus MK2/MK2.5 Hatchback. The mounting system is completely different.

You need a pair of roof bars that are suitable for the MK2/MK2.5 Hatchback.

Alternatively a pair of roof bars from a MK2/MK2.5 Wagon without roof rails also fits. The angle of the rear roof bars for a Wagon is slightly different because of different rubber blocks. However this difference is almost not noticeable.

• Like 1

Thank you for your help. I didn't even think of hiring some wasn't aware that was a thing.

Thanks Matt 

Just now, Jollyrogers said:

Thank you for your help. I didn't even think of hiring some wasn't aware that was a thing.

Thanks Matt 

I didn't know hiring them was a thing until I was checking the price I could sell mine for a few week ago. Thinking about doing it my self now for a bit of extra cash haha

I don't suppose anyone has seen a set of roof racks that slide off over the side of the car, imagine putting a bike pn the rack next to the car, then lift it up and slide it over on top of it? ive seen one for a kayak but ill be buggered if I can see where they got it and if there is a universal one for bikes etc

the best way of transporting bikes external to the car is via a tow bar rack.

better economy , lower noise , no lifting onto roof ect.

unsurprisingly thule make the best systems but cost a few quid

Thanks everyone ended up getting a set of Gumtree for £20 so turned out ok. 

• 5 years later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club