Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi guys got my focus finally!

Meliodas

Hi guys

I have only been driving for about a year and in November last year I managed to buy my first Focus from a friend. 
It is an ex-police car so its a bit roughed up in places, but seems to be doing okay.

I was warned away from the 1.6 TDCI before I bought it, something about Turbo issues? But I have a family friend who is looking after me (he is a mechanic).

Been looking at these forums now and again to get some information on general improvements and such for my car. 
Figured why not sign up?

So HELLO! :D

ps. I have wanted a focus ever since I saw the very first model! I know some people want a Ferrari or even a Jag etc. But for me the ultimate goal would be an RS. Even if I was stinking rich haha

Hello & welcome :smile:

Thanks!

Thats a nice car you have!
I have been liking the look of the newer mondeo more and more lately.
Was thinking about looking into a new car next year.
As someone who has had both, would you say the Mondeo is better or worse for Motorway travel? I get that the type matter. Comfort of ride, seats etc (I am new forgive me!).

25 minutes ago, Meliodas said:

Thanks!

Thats a nice car you have!
I have been liking the look of the newer mondeo more and more lately.
Was thinking about looking into a new car next year.
As someone who has had both, would you say the Mondeo is better or worse for Motorway travel? I get that the type matter. Comfort of ride, seats etc (I am new forgive me!).

& thank you too  . . .  on balance, the top spec Mondeo is the better motorway cruiser, ultra comfortable, quiet, reasonably economical & with c.c. on it's a stressless, cosseted drive.

The Focus ST too was a very, very good car - but in different ways i.m.o.

Hello Meliodas and welcome. Which focus do you have in that what age? The mk2/2.5 were a little problematic but those issues were sorted for the mk3.

There's a lot on here about the mk2/2.5 and g

people have done lots to theirs.

Yes a mk4 mondeo tit x sport is a wonderful car. The perfect family car. Wish I'd have kept mine but that's life. Enjoy your car and best advice is regularly service it.

Hi Tazzman thanks for the welcome.

I have a 2010 1.6TDCI Done about 87k. I have only done about 10k in it, the 73k it had before me were as a police car.

Have had 2 minor issues since I have had it, broken coil spring and had a coolant issue up until recently. Got it checked out by the mechanic I mentioned in my post. Found no obvious leaks. Used some sort of coolant leak stuff you put in with your coolant, seems to have done the job.

I would love to have an ST but having only been driving for a year (I learned to drive late, im 29!) my insurance would be through the roof. Plus I do roughly 50-60 miles a day for work. Currently running at 52mpg (according to the dash). From what I hear an ST wouldn't get anywhere near this.

Though I have my eye on the ST diesel haha.

I enjoy driving my focus, had a 206 (2007) before this and the difference is crazy. So glad I changed.
I have been advised by the friend mechanic to change oil and such every 6k and to let the engine run for about 20-30 seconds idle after stopping? Think he said the oil supply cuts off soon as you turn off the engine, but the turbo could still be spinning. Though only if I was going pretty fast previously? Could be he was explaining how things used to be though. He gave me a lot of information.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Thank again for all kind welcome!

Hi Welcome

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club