Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony DAB Radio Not Working

Max Power

Hi

I own a Ford S Max Titanium X 2010 model year and the  Somy DAB radio / audio system keeps cutting out and stops working. When I first get into the car it works ok and the radio plays fine, then as I'm driving along  all the Speakers cut out and only the one on top of the dash board works, then the sound from the radio disappears altogether. If you press the CD mode button a message appears saying there is a drive fault? If you stop and switch  the engine off and wait a short while and then restart the car  the radio / audio system starts to work ok until the whole thing happens again. This appears to be an intermittent fault and won't do it to order but does it of its own accord when it decides to after different lengths / periods of time. 

Anyone know what the problem could be and what the fix is?

Thanks in advance. 

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a loose connection or wiring fault but probably worth trying a reset of the radio first. I lost DAB altogether on my Ford Sony DAB radio and was able to get it back by taking the audio fuse out of the main engine fuse box. I left it out for 5 minutes and then replaced it. Remember you will need the key code to get the radio back on. 

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Unfortunately I never found out what the fix was because the garage where I bought it from agreed to replace the unit under the warranty I took out when I purchased the car.