Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Detecting bodywork colours

RD_Ron96

Hi Folks,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me detect my paint colour code. I have a 1996 Ford Fiesta Classic 1.1, P reg, and the colour is burgundy red. I checked the panel on the bonnet and it said my paintwork was "D2" I think but having done a few checks, this code doesn't match up with Burgundy. I have only recently brought it back to life again and have re-built the wheel arches using fibreglass, cataloy and red primer. I now need the paint colour to spray it back up to its normal colour.

If anyone can help that'd be much appreciated.

Cheers!!

Not that I know of but I don't think so. The only modification it appears to have is a stone chip surface applied to the sides to prevent chipping and rusting.

Ford were really helpful with their paint codes on the chassis plates. As I recall my fester also has D2 under paint code and its state blue metallic.

Ford Burgundy Red is available in spray bottles from most halfrauds for about 4 quid a piece. I'm sure they would be able to mix some up for you too if you like.