Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is this worth fixing up or scrap it

Michael9

03 Mondy ghia x 2.0 tdci est 110000...3 months mot but needs...

Both front wishbones

Possible steering rack and/or both top bearing mounts

1 or more wheels bearings

Discs and pads allround

Glow plugs and maybe 1 or more injectors

Exhaust flexi or if not that then probably a bit near it as it's blowing

2 tyres (225/40/18) as one's worn on the inside, the other's got a bit of rubber peeling off the side, basically both are buggered 

Drivers headlight (factory xenon) one of the mounts for the pins are broke and sits a smidge down so alignment will be off a bit I imagine so if it can't be fixed/bodged it's a new lamp 

I think that's it but god knows how much it would cost and if it's worth it...only thing like I say, it's the ghia x with all the toys, folding mirrors, dvd built in the headrests etc....or just and old car ready for the nackers yard..

Either that or I use an 06 1.4 civic with nothing wrong but could run faster  : /

Worth fixing and MOTing financially?  No way. But if you like it and are prepared to spend on it then yeah, people waste money on cars that aren't worth it all the time lol.

Alternatively sell the decent parts and scrap what's left, should be money in powerfold mirrors and X pack interior etc.

• Like 2

True....my mate got it just week and decide "fk it" so muggins here took it, I'm taking to the mechanic I use nest week to give a look over, see what happens.

There's also quite a bit bubbled rust at the bottom of the front doors, the back sills also need the rust wire brushed, treated and painted....you know reading and writing this I'm having second thoughts too..

• Like 2

Thank god you answered, nobody else gives a fk

18 minutes ago, Michael9 said:

Thank god you answered, nobody else gives a fk

I don't now if that's your attitude. 

• Like 2

Yea apologies....had a !Removed! day and thought I would have quite a few saying yes go for it or don't be an !Removed! and scrap it :mellow:

I would suggest that if your paying a mechanic to do the work then realistically I don't think it's worth keeping. 

• Like 1

seeing as were all being blunt , you'd have to be crackers to spend that much fixing up a 13 year old car that requires so many repairs.

forget it.

• Like 2

Think you might be right chaps, I'm taking it next week to the guy I use for a definate decision...it'd be a shame as it's the ghia x with all the toys, factory dvd, folding mirrors, xenons ect but hey ho..

Part it out, don't just crush it lol.

My Dad px'd a V6 Ghia X estate for £100 off his 'new' Mondeo about a month ago before asking if I wanted it, gutted, sure I could've sold major parts for a lot more than that. :sad: 

This is a rare thing for me to say, but I wouldn't spend the money fixing it up.  It is too old to be a "new car" and too new to be a "classic car", so it is worth very little and certainly not economical to do all the required repairs.  If it were a 2013 then I'd say fix it as it would be worth a lot as a new car, or if it were a 1993 I would say fix it because it would be worth a lot as a classic, but 2003 is just at the "old banger" stage unfortunately.