Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DMF Question

Neon Tetra

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site having just bought a Used Mondeo 1.6 Ecoboost. The engine is a 1.6 Duratorq TDCi.

I have a sinking feeling the DMF is on the way out and wondered what everyone thinks?  On tickover if I press the clutch peddle about an inch I get horrible metalic noise though no vibratation through the peddle. Once the peddle is pushed beyond that first inch, the noise stops. When I let the peddle back up the noise comes back when I get to the last inch but stops when the peddle reaches the top. I dont know if it is related but when I start the engine it starts with just a half second of  a crunch noise before going to a normal smooth diesel tick over.  The clutch is not slipping. 

Any thoughts please?

Metallic vibration is a classic DMF failure symptom so it could well be. How many miles has it done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you bought it from a dealer take it back under warranty, not cheap to fix

does from what your describing that the dmf has failed.

Many thanks for your replies, you have confirmed what I suspected. The car  has three months of warranty still to go so maybe Ford might be prepared to come to some kind of arrangement. The mileage is supposedly less than 40K but I suspect it has done a lot more than that.To be honest I'm more than a bit disappointed by the whole issue.:sad:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club