Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another power steering leak

stevebr

Hello all,

I've got another leak on my 2005 1.6 Focus. I had one three years ago and the pipes were replaced-it now looks like the pump is leaking. Any ides where to get a cheapish pump?

I've had a quick look at eBay and they are around £200

Thanks

Steve

you can get a repaired unit on eBay for about £80. All you need to do is send them your old one you removed from your car back to them.

Thanks!

Someone mentioned that the old pipes need to be cut off-but every time I've changed pumps/pipes they just unscrew. I'm sure the pipes do not have to be replaced when a pump is changed. Is this right?

Thanks again

Steve

Are you sure your pump is the cause of the leak?

When my "pump started to leak" the source of the leak was actually the rubber pipe from the fluid reservoir to the inlet on the pump.

Clean everything up and watch closely for where the fluid is coming from. Yes,I know this is easier to say than do, but there is no satisfaction in changing a perfectly good pump.

The rubber pipe is £20 odd from the dealer, daylight robbery if you ask me.

ScaniaPBman.

Thanks all,

It is the pump that is gone. Having a new one fitted on Monday-only prob pump is now totally gone so will have to drive the car to the garage without power steering. Will give it a go tomorrow.

Regards

Steve

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club