Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New fiesta won't start :(

TomGB

thats k4, im just clever!! lol but seriously, if you want to learn, get a haynes manual for starters, wiring diagrams and other stuff usefull in them.

• Like 1

Pulled all those relays out. Using a 12v power supply all of the relays clicked and the ohm test was okay. I couldn't do power and ohms as my multi meter crapped out so I've ordered a better one. Trying to think what else could be wrong.

Ok making some progress kind of. Today i moved around some of the relays and the fuel pump turned on(not really sure if moving the relays caused it to work). I then changed the fuel pump to the old one and it didnt work. I then changed it back to the new one and now that doesn't work.

I have tested a bunch of stuff but what I've found is that Fuse 31 in the engine bay blows when the pump is plugged in and the key is turned. When the pump is unplugged it does not blow.

Any ideas? I feel as if this problem might have a chance of being solved now.

sounds like your pump is siezed up and drawing to much current blowing fuse ,

10 minutes ago, iantt said:

sounds like your pump is siezed up and drawing to much current blowing fuse ,

I plugged in the new one and I could hear it working for a few seconds before it turns off. The pump was outside the tank though. Would not having it submerged in petrol cause it to seize almost straight away perhaps as both fuel pumps now cause the fuse to blow?

what size fuse is in 31?

58 minutes ago, iantt said:

what size fuse is in 31?

10amp. Not sure if the fuses are correct or if any are missing as I still can't find a fusebox diagram to match my car.

• 3 weeks later...

Car Fixed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fitted the tank and new pump etc, cleaned grounds checked connections etc. works now.