Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LEGAL OR ILLEGAL??

EddieEmo

ive decided on one of the first mods i want to do and its smoked rear LED lights and ive seen a few things about it but still havent been able to figure out if it is illegal or not,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dectane-RF09ALS-Lights-Fiesta-smoke/dp/B00CIR1WSW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467138558&sr=8-2&keywords=dectane+fiesta

These are the ones ive got my eye on but just need to know, whether they're legal or not?

Feel free to use this feed to ask if any other mods are legal or illegal, thanks

I've seen these on a few Fiesta's so I presume they're legal, see if you can find them on eBay and see if any more information is available on them. 

Sure I read that the rear lights on a vehicle can only be 'red', have seen on a few other forums of people either failing the mot or being given an advisory for tinted rear lights.

Although this website does front/rear legal tints! http://www.mrtints.co.uk/spivision.html

(I'd also tell your insurance otherwise you could find your not covered if you have an accident and you don't tell them!)

thanks, im gonna think about it and call my insuarance company tomorrow and ask them about my policy if i put them in

I think they need to be e marked to be legal.

• Like 1

yeah i read about that, it just the fact they're not red is concerning me, ive already had a verbal warning from the police for my driving so dont want to risk anything as ive only had my license 8 months

I should stick with the Ford ones then.

• Like 1

To be legal they can be any colour as long as they show a red light when the rear lights are turned on & the brake is operated, & have the correct eu/bs markings.

• Like 1

lol BUY THEM 😛 if you like them Rear had to be red when lite up doesnt say anything about colour when not on lol
i know millions of people with black blue purple and one guy chameleon rear lights no issues at all aslong as they light up red lol just buy the colour your after and are E marked! 😃 which i have a cheaper alternative for you 🙂

I got mines from this guy for my FL version plug and play and are E Marked there is a few here

CHEAPER OPTIONS!
Smoked = £136.86
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KLARGLAS-LED-BAR-RUCKLEUCHTEN-SET-FORD-FIESTA-VI-MK7-08-LED-BLINKER-BLACK-SMOKE-/400736935894
Red = £128.57
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KLARGLAS-LED-BAR-RUCKLEUCHTEN-SET-FORD-FIESTA-VI-MK7-08-13-LED-BLINKER-ROT-KLAR-/400854972827
Blacked out = £141.01
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-BAR-RUCKLEUCHTEN-SET-FORD-FIESTA-VI-MK7-08-LED-BLINKER-BLACK-SMOKE-LIGHTBAR-/400880864158
Chrome = £137.69
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHROM-LED-BAR-RUCKLEUCHTEN-SET-FORD-FIESTA-VI-MK7-08-LIGHTBAR-3-5-TURER-KLAR-/400958939155

• Like 1

Do remember if they are completely blacked out that you'll have to fit extra rear red reflectors which look crap.

Not really.   Your number plates are illegal.

Not really.   Your number plates are illegal.

No they're not. Pressed plates are perfectly legal. Read any of the many, many playe discussion threads on here.

• Like 1

I'm afraid they are illegal.   They are not in the correct font.

Yes they are. The edit to the photo has distorted the image slightly.

Again, look back and you'll see that the plates were purchased from a reputable supplier and come with the correct markings and do in fact meet all legal requirements.

• Like 1

This is the correct font:

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 1

That is the correct font in the above image. Just the way it's been edited.

Seriously, look through his previous posts - they are 100% legal!!

• Like 1

100% legal the cartoon effect of image made it different but are 100% legal 

• Like 1

A legal plate will be of correct font (Charles Wright or substantially similar), correct character size & spacing, makers details & postcode and bsau145d on bottom right corner.

If a logo is applied it must be for GB or for defining areas of UK but not other custom logos and no 'watermark' images.

The plate maker must be registered with and authorised by DVLA.

It is not illegal to own showplates but can only be displayed on private ground.

It is illegal for UK registered companies to sell showplates.

Showplate companies tend to trade from ROI or Jersey as it's not illegal to sell from there.

Basically only buy plates from UK licenced & based companies and even then only companies that request a V5C to verify that you have the rights to hold a paricular registration.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

On 30/06/2016 at 0:49 PM, Ian Lanc said:

Do remember if they are completely blacked out that you'll have to fit extra rear red reflectors which look crap.

just to add, the rear reflectors are in the bumper, so would be fine

• Like 1

2 hours ago, supraking said:

just to add, the rear reflectors are in the bumper, so would be fine

lol :rolleyes: Of course! I must be suffering from dementia :wacko:

• Like 1