Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Add Sat nav - 2014 ZS

GingerFlame

So, I currently have the non Sony radio unit with DAB & sync. My question is,

How do I go about switching to a Sony radio with Sync, DAB & Sat nav, and what do I need to do it?

Thanks in advance guys :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

C'mon Ginger, use a smartphone with "here maps" for satnav.

DAB is over-rated but ok ;)

Plus, who is gonna know/notice?:laugh:

I already have DAB and I've found the local "north Yorkshire oldies" channel hence I don't want to loose it! Hahaha. No the reception isn't great in my hometown.. but it's great everywhere else I've been (and on my commute)

I also want the OEM look and don't fancy wasting my battery & mobile data :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

There's been a bit on what you'd like to do Ginger but with the focus. It can be done but from what I recall it involves changing modules and stuff with Forscan etc. Navigate the forum and you'll find your answers.

As for wasting your data. Blimey in this day and age data bundles are superb and quite cheap.

I can give you an example of actual data use. I listen to Internet radio. Dependant on app listening 6 hours a day 5 days a week uses between 5Gig and 1.5Gig. But good luck in introducing satnav in your car.

I only have 2Gb a month until my contract ends in February 2017 then I'm moving networks as I've been offered a "friends and family deal" from somebody that works at another network.

I don't mind changing modules and forscan doesn't work on the Fiesta so I assume IDS would be used instead (no problem here as I've planned a trip to somebody anyway)

There are loads of answers on the forum. Preferably I'd like somebody that has already done it to give me a 100% sure answer so I'm not wasting anymore time/money :)

I've got Sony radio with Sync & DAB.   It's a ruddy nuisance as it is always losing the station.

I only ever struggle with DAB in town, out of my hometown its absolutely fine! :)

I just want Sat nav too haha. I do a LOT of driving and its the one thing I wish I had

Focus? Thought you had a Fiesta. Oh well good luck anyway.

1 minute ago, tazzman600 said:

Focus? Thought you had a Fiesta. Oh well good luck anyway.

I thought the same. Lol 

You know what I mean ;) I had Focus on my mind because of forscan

I've also been dreaming of upgrading to a Focus ST but that's not going to happen! Haha

Ian, can you possibly answer my question? :)

With the focus theres a bit of extra wiring imbetween display and audio unit, not sure on the fiesta whats required, not seen anyone on here doing it yet. Your going to be the first . Lucky you. Lol

• Like 1

Ah no, the joys! Haha. I've just ordered a donor cruise control steering wheel ready for when I go to Brighton for the IDS session, hence while I'm spending there's a few Sony radio's with Sat nav on eBay for £200.. but I just don't want to pay all that then find I need more bits & pieces -_-

All I bought for the focus was the display and a coupke of cables

The one on eBay has the radio unit, the screen & another little module but says it has no wiring. I assume that's the wiring that connects the GPS module to the radio itself?

If I remember I will have a look at wiring diagrams and see if theres an extra wiring thst needs adding to. Will compare with and without

• Like 1

Take the audio unit out and look ifbyou have wires in pin 4 and 5 on the connector

Okay great, What's the best way to remove it without damaging anything?