Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5 Speed vs 6 Speed? (Resolved)

Mike.F

Hi folks,

I'm close to finalising a deal for a 1.0L Ecoboost Fiesta, it's a 5 speed but I've realised there are 6 speed variants. I'm just curious to the differences in the driving experience, and if it's worth putting the extra money in for any benefits it may have?

Cheers.

There is not a 6 speed variant of the 1.0l fiesta........ Fiesta's only come in 5speed

only get 6speeds on the 1.0l focus bud 

• Like 1

The 5 speed is just fine. On 125 PS version you get plenty of torque for accelerating and the gears are resonable long.

You can cruise in 5th at 100 km/h just above 2k rpm. Fine for me. On 150 km/h it's just above 3k rpm.

Its only a bit stupid around town, you have to switch a lot between 2nd and 3rd. (nothing to serious, you get used to :) )

• Like 1

Haha, I must have confused the two.. Sorry for the mix-up, and thanks for sharing the perks of the 5 speed. I feel a lot more at ease with the decision now.

well a cant remember but think only 6speed is automatic but not sure as ive not looked into it but manual forever :P 

As far as I know, 6 speed Fiesta is powershift only.

Fiesta ST is the only Mk7 Manual 6 speed.

• Like 1