Do Not Sell My Personal Information

300mm brake upgrade

Gymfocused

Why use mondeo MK3 brake calipers?

In my opinion the original Focus MK2/MK2.5 ATE brake calipers are better than the Mondeo MK3 brake calipers. Mondeo brake calipers are known to be insufficient. Both the 278 mm and 300 mm front brake setup on the Focus MK2/MK2.5 use exactly the same brake calipers. The only differences between 278 mm front disk brakes and 300 mm front disc brakes are the caliper brackets and brake discs. 

• Like 2

I was told that the mk3 calipers would fit. I did look at get the different carriers and using my existing calipers but, couldn't find some at a reasonable price. I found the mondeo calipers for £30 on eBay last year.

Ok I stand corrected, looking at the Mondeo MK3 front calipers they don't seem to have any clips at all, I can't remember  what I fitted when I done my conversation. Below is an eBay image I was looking at.

Where abouts are you from then? I'm in the Neath area, otherwise known as God's Garden 😉

Screenshot_20171109-061510.png

9 hours ago, wilto said:

Ok I stand corrected, looking at the Mondeo MK3 front calipers they don't seem to have any clips at all, I can't remember  what I fitted when I done my conversation. Below is an eBay image I was looking at.

Where abouts are you from then? I'm in the Neath area, otherwise known as God's Garden 😉

Screenshot_20171109-061510.png

I'm in St Athan, near Barry. Originally from Neath though, Cimla to be precise.

So I don't need the shims then?

Ahh I know Cimla well, I'm living up the valley about 7 miles from Neath, I won't say where exactly but it begins with R.

I'm now thinking the shims/springs are built into the pads, as you can see them sticking out in the above picture.

22 hours ago, wilto said:

Ahh I know Cimla well, I'm living up the valley about 7 miles from Neath, I won't say where exactly but it begins with R.

I'm now thinking the shims/springs are built into the pads, as you can see them sticking out in the above picture.

Not that far from where I used to love then! What suspension are you running?

2 hours ago, Gymfocused said:

What suspension are you running?

I really don't know if I'm honest, some people seem to think it's been lowered, but I'm not sure, haven't changed the suspension since I bought it. Some people on here recon it's the Eibach set up, not a clue tbh

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club