Do Not Sell My Personal Information

drivers seat squeking

blade

noticed today that my drivers seat started to make squeaking sounds,like the foam inside the seat is rubbing on something,so every time i move in the seat it does that...

anyone else had this problem???? oh,it is a mk7 fiesta

noticed today that my drivers seat started to make squeaking sounds,like the foam inside the seat is rubbing on something,so every time i move in the seat it does that...

anyone else had this problem???? oh,it is a mk7 fiesta

I sometimes get this problem if I've had to fold the seat back to let someone in the back.

Try rocking the seat forward / backwards until it clicks as sometimes it doesn't quite lock back into position.

I think we should start a 'Solve that squeak' topic as it seems to be quite a common problem with the Mk7's. I've had two mystery noises recently. The first turned out to be the plastic framework around the inside of the tiny, triangular side window, which was slightly rubbing against the dashboard. A few bits of cardboard neatly tucked, (and hidden), between them solved the problem.

My second squeak is a bit more of an unsolved problem. It seems to be coming from the rear of the car, somewhere on the driver's side. I've tried to pack the various plastic trims with foam or cardboard, (in every possible area I can think of), but it still sounds like a demented budgie whenever I drive along a rough or bumpy road. I know it's not the end of the world, but it does get slightly annoying if I'm ever in a 'quiet driving' mood, without any music playing. (I've also checked the rear seats, parcel shelf, boot-space, tailgate lid interior plastic trims etc but still nothing helps).

Don't get me wrong, I love the car, (best one we've ever owned) - but maybe other people have been able to solve these squeaking issues, (including blade's seat squeak), and can offer some help. I'd feel a bit daft taking it back to the dealers with such a trivial problem - and sod's law would probably make the squeak miraculously disappear while they were checking it, only to reappear once I'd got it back! :huh:

Cheers,

Sarc.

--------------------

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in Colorado red, (3-door/petrol/manual transmission), QuickClear heated windscreen, bog-standard 15" alloys, chrome bits here there and everywhere, real spare wheel instead of the 'shaving foam' tyre repair kit which is normally supplied. (Would have also liked a built-in Jelly Baby dispenser, but sadly they haven't been invented yet). Ordered on 21st July. Build date: 5th September (Valencia). Delivery date: 29th Sept (2009)

If anyone is interested I've done my own, personal REVIEW of the car, which includes loads of photos etc. Please click the following banner:

minibanneranimated.gif

I sometimes get this problem if I've had to fold the seat back to let someone in the back.

Try rocking the seat forward / backwards until it clicks as sometimes it doesn't quite lock back into position.

thanks m8,but its not that,tried it,it squeks when you sit,or move around in the seat,the foam that is inside is probably rubbing against the metal frame of the seat,but i cant find out where,tried just about everything.....

guess ill just have to take it to ford and let them mess with that

I think we should start a 'Solve that squeak' topic as it seems to be quite a common problem with the Mk7's. I've had two mystery noises recently. The first turned out to be the plastic framework around the inside of the tiny, triangular side window, which was slightly rubbing against the dashboard. A few bits of cardboard neatly tucked, (and hidden), between them solved the problem.

My second squeak is a bit more of an unsolved problem. It seems to be coming from the rear of the car, somewhere on the driver's side. I've tried to pack the various plastic trims with foam or cardboard, (in every possible area I can think of), but it still sounds like a demented budgie whenever I drive along a rough or bumpy road. I know it's not the end of the world, but it does get slightly annoying if I'm ever in a 'quiet driving' mood, without any music playing. (I've also checked the rear seats, parcel shelf, boot-space, tailgate lid interior plastic trims etc but still nothing helps).

Don't get me wrong, I love the car, (best one we've ever owned) - but maybe other people have been able to solve these squeaking issues, (including blade's seat squeak), and can offer some help. I'd feel a bit daft taking it back to the dealers with such a trivial problem - and sod's law would probably make the squeak miraculously disappear while they were checking it, only to reappear once I'd got it back! :huh:

Cheers,

Sarc.

We've got two annoying rattles, one underneath the dashboard somewhere, and then one on the passenger door that gets worse when somebody with a deep voice on the radio is talking... I noticed it more when Ken Bruce is on Radio 2!

Have you tried driving with the rear seats folded down to try and eliminate the rear squeak? Mine is silent with them down so I've just wedged a bit of card in for the time being.

Well I don't know what my local dealer did but they said they did something to the tail gate and now I have NOW squeaks or rattles at all!! Very happy I am now!!!

Sarc's probably onto something there with a solve the sqweek thread..

I'm lucky enough to only have the one sqweek under or around the glovebox area. havent had time to faf with it yet, but i'l certainly result back to here when i do.

All i could suggest is move the seat into each notch of driving positions to see if the sqweek goes away, just be careful when your all the way back, you need to be able the reach that middle pedal :blink:

Have you tried driving with the rear seats folded down to try and eliminate the rear squeak? Mine is silent with them down so I've just wedged a bit of card in for the time being.

I've tried with both rear seats down, the boot totally emptied, (spare tyre and wheel jack etc removed), and the parcel shelf off ... but it still squeaks. I even tried sitting in the back seat while my wife drove the car, and I can't for the life of me pinpoint where it's coming from - it seems to throw its voice! :huh:

I'll probably have to end up putting up with it, and try to pretend it's a pet budgie who likes to travel with me - called 'Squeakie', of course.

Sarc.

--------------------

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in Colorado red, (3-door/petrol/manual transmission), QuickClear heated windscreen, bog-standard 15" alloys, chrome bits here there and everywhere, real spare wheel instead of the 'shaving foam' tyre repair kit which is normally supplied. (Would have also liked a built-in Jelly Baby dispenser, but sadly they haven't been invented yet). Ordered on 21st July. Build date: 5th September (Valencia). Delivery date: 29th Sept (2009)

If anyone is interested I've done my own, personal REVIEW of the car, which includes loads of photos etc. Please click the following banner:

minibanneranimated.gif

took care of my squeak,it was a piece of plastic on the drivers seat,it was rubbing on the metal frame,just put a little piece of paper underneath the plastic,and the squeak is gone :)

took care of my squeak,it was a piece of plastic on the drivers seat,it was rubbing on the metal frame,just put a little piece of paper underneath the plastic,and the squeak is gone :)

Another problem solved - good work. :)

--------------------

minibanneranimated.gif

• 11 months later...

Hmm, now the weather is cold my squeak has come back with a vengeance!! So if I adjust the bracket for the rear seats, do I move them up or down?

• 2 years later...

Hi all first post lol

_blade how did you fix your seat and where was the problem??? Mines started doing it and is driving me nuts

Regards

James

I noticed if I push my back into the seat the padding squeaks a little

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed if I push my back into the seat the padding squeaks a little

Same with me but mine is quite noisy now. It's driving me nuts!!!