Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Tyres

L22EEW

Gotta love Ford, eh?

Anyone use "Who Can Fix My Car?"  I use now and again to see how much a garage will charge for some work.  Anyway looking around for someone to fit 4 new tyres, to my new Momo Qunatun's to go onto the Fiesta - some new shoes for the old girl.

Look what Ford quoted:  (I know there must be labour charges, and what not... but still! :blink:)

Weavers.jpg

Aye, I know that.  But always good to shop around - for the best deal.  :tongue:

Wouldn't trust quick fit or Halfords, or Halfords autocentres anywhere near my car.. wouldn't even trust them to change a bulb or wiper blade. There's a reason I do all the work on my cars aside from tyres.. and even then I go to a local independent garage..

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

local independent tyre fitter gets my vote too, esp if you value your wheels in there present condition

• Like 1

National tyres is the place I always go to for new tyres. I've used multiple branches and they have all been fantastic. Always treat the car well and never had a problem with them. They even plugged a tyre for free too. 

• Like 1

I've used National tyres numerous times in the past.  However I bought my Avon ZZ5 tyres via TyreShopper - and had them fitted with National (fitting is included you see) - IIRC I paid something like £65 per tyre. 

However my latest set of Avon ZZ5's I purchased from Gumtree, it was a lucky find as I hadn't long bought my Momo Quantum's.  Managed to scoop the tyres (with a cheeky offer) for £135 - seller was asking for £160, so £33.75 for an Avon ZZ5 is pretty good.

Now I just need to find somewhere that will fit them, for a reasonable price - and not £88.80 Ford quoted! :ohmy:

That price doesn't sound too extortionate.. you've asked for your tracking to be done as well, it's £10 to fit and balance a tyre and £35 for tracking at the locals where I live so £75 in all, they've only quoted £13 more which for ford is quite good which normally charge three times the going price. 

• Like 1

I always use Mr Tyre.   Great service, good advice and reasonable prices.

£40, sorted!

IMG_20160702_103831.jpg

IMG_20160702_103206.jpg

• Like 1