Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gear knobs

Truly55

We needed a new knob for my wife's MK7 Fiesta Titanium (it's a long story) and the one we got today looks crap compared to the nice shiny one that came with the car. Ford seemingly have changed the design and now we can't get the one we want. Is this right for a car that's only 6 months old and, if so, does anyone know where I can get an original one. For the latest Titanium owners out there what does your knob look like?

cheers

We needed a new knob for my wife's MK7 Fiesta Titanium (it's a long story) and the one we got today looks crap compared to the nice shiny one that came with the car. Ford seemingly have changed the design and now we can't get the one we want. Is this right for a car that's only 6 months old and, if so, does anyone know where I can get an original one. For the latest Titanium owners out there what does your knob look like?

I should say that the one she has now is a black leather knob with a brushed alloy top rather than the shiny one she was expecting.

cheers

Sounds like you have the upgrade leather one as opposed to the standard Titanium one.

There are also the Individual ones which are coloured versions of the leather one. The leather one can also be had with ilumination in it.

The original one was black plastic with a brushed insert that had a chrome surround and a chrome ring at the top of the gaiter?

Can't imagine why you can't get a replacement for the one that was fitted as standard...or was until very recently!

If you have got the leather upgrade one (the non-iluminated one) how much did it cost - was tempted to get one for my Zetec S (as that has a chrome-free version of the Titanium one).

Looking at the Fiesta brochure (pdf version is on the Ford website) you can see the Std Titanium one on Page 22 and the various leather ones on pages 27 to 29 - I think the one you have is shown with Ilumination on page 29.

Sounds like you have the upgrade leather one as opposed to the standard Titanium one.

There are also the Individual ones which are coloured versions of the leather one. The leather one can also be had with ilumination in it.

The original one was black plastic with a brushed insert that had a chrome surround and a chrome ring at the top of the gaiter?

Can't imagine why you can't get a replacement for the one that was fitted as standard...or was until very recently!

If you have got the leather upgrade one (the non-iluminated one) how much did it cost - was tempted to get one for my Zetec S (as that has a chrome-free version of the Titanium one).

Looking at the Fiesta brochure (pdf version is on the Ford website) you can see the Std Titanium one on Page 22 and the various leather ones on pages 27 to 29 - I think the one you have is shown with Ilumination on page 29.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, we were expecting a like-for-like replacement for standard Titanium one as shown on page 22. The gear knob was an insurance claim (along with loads of other bits) and the upgraded leather knob was the one we got as Ford don't do the 'Titanium' one anymore. :blink: If any of the FOC members work for a Ford dealership (I know some of you do) can you please confirm that the shiny knob as fitted to the MK7 Titanium is no longer available. That's what my dealership is telling me hence the upgraded leather replacement. Coysht, as it was an insurance job I don't know the cost of the leather knob.

Cheers

Do you have a photo of the new one fitted - I'm surprised that you say it looks rubbish, since its an upgrade....although given how the individual packs look, anything is possible!

Could swap you my Zetec S one for the leather one..... :lol:

Do you have a photo of the new one fitted - I'm surprised that you say it looks rubbish, since its an upgrade....although given how the individual packs look, anything is possible!

Could swap you my Zetec S one for the leather one..... :lol:

I personally quite like the upgrade as it's chunkier than the standard one with a matt brushed alloy effect but it's the wifes car and she doesn't like the new one. She really wants the original one. Can't anybody confirm if Ford has stopped making the original (6 months old :rolleyes: ) knob with only the upgrade now available. I think my dealer smells of BS but I might be wrong.

I'll try and post up a piccy of the 2 together.

I personally quite like the upgrade as it's chunkier than the standard one with a matt brushed alloy effect but it's the wifes car and she doesn't like the new one. She really wants the original one. Can't anybody confirm if Ford has stopped making the original (6 months old :rolleyes: ) knob with only the upgrade now available. I think my dealer smells of BS but I might be wrong.

I'll try and post up a piccy of the 2 together.

If you haven't heard from anyone by the weekend I'll speak to my local dealer and see if they have any / can get hold of them.

Just had a thought - with waiting lists of 2 or 3 months on Titaniums thesedays, it could be that they still make those gearknobs, but are useing all of them for production, rather than spares.

If thats the case, your only short term option might be to get a dealer to just swap your leather one with a car they already have, or find someone on hear with a brand new Titanium who would be willing to swap (or buy the leather one for a small fee plus their std one).

I brought the blue gear knob, of the individual pack seperatly which I've never got round to fitting, can't be bothered to be honest, will no doubt sell it on the bay

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club