Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta ST 2016 TAPPET/LIFTER ISSUE

ST.patrick

Tappet noise Ford Fiesta ST 2016

I've had this car only a month. I love the car, it is an absolutely phenomenal car. However lately I've been hearing the tappets making noise. I'm currently on 1500 kms and have already changed the oil and filter twice with ford recommended oil. First at 300 kms and second at 1400 kms. I have already gone to the dealer and he tells me to drive it till 3000 kms (in the hope that it goes away). They will do a complete check over the car and hopefully not just investigate the tappet issue but replace the faulty tappet. 

Here's a link to the video....

https://youtu.be/v95dScgciFc

they are not hydraulic tappets, there solid. so oil changes wont make any difference. if tappet clearance is out of spec then it would be doing it all the time from new, but from your video it sounds like it comes and goes.

• Like 1

Judging by the video I'd say you've got the same issue as me...

Only ever happens when idling - the tappet noise comes and goes as if the pressure increases and decreases slightly, never really been sure if there's a fix for it but going in to the dealer later to book it in. They'll be able to advise. 

Just out of interest when was purchase/build date of your vehicle?

Fuel pump!

• Like 1

im sure when they take there cars in for investigation, it will become apparent what the issue is, ;););)

The cars manufacture year is 2016, states compliance 3/16. I bought it on the 4th of June. 

I will be interested what comes of this topic being a eco-boost.??

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club