Share Your Car Experience
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pogo

Xenon Headlights

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm another Newbie to the Forum, so Hi to All.

I have a 2003 Mondeo TDCI with Xenon headlights. The one dip beam bulb has blown, but is it just a simple change of the bulb at home or do I need to take it to a dealer?

Many Thanks

Hi, I'm another Newbie to the Forum, so Hi to All.

I have a 2003 Mondeo TDCI with Xenon headlights. The one dip beam bulb has blown, but is it just a simple change of the bulb at home or do I need to take it to a dealer?

Many Thanks

Should be just a bulb

Which side as gone ??

If it's the LH side then the system will be needed to be setup again at about £100 ish a pop plus bulb which Ford will charge about the same again.

Which side as gone ??

If it's the LH side then the system will be needed to be setup again at about £100 ish a pop plus bulb which Ford will charge about the same again.

What do you mean set up?

Hi,

Did it turn out to be just a bulb?

My left hand side bulb blew. I have just replaced it with a new bulb (Osram D2S), but it still dosent work. I did various swap tests and it appears to be the metal box behind the headlight (the ballast), which is not working, as if I swap it for the right one, it works.

Col_Tubbs, you refer to a 'reset', Ive noticed there is a far amount of circuitary in the ballast box, does that need resetting, or has that simply blown as well? If so, I guess I will need to replace it.

Time is against me, because my car is booked in for a MOT in a couple of days and I dont really want to pay Ford £££s to fix it.

Thanks!

Ben

Hi,

Did it turn out to be just a bulb?

My left hand side bulb blew. I have just replaced it with a new bulb (Osram D2S), but it still dosent work. I did various swap tests and it appears to be the metal box behind the headlight (the ballast), which is not working, as if I swap it for the right one, it works.

Col_Tubbs, you refer to a 'reset', Ive noticed there is a far amount of circuitary in the ballast box, does that need resetting, or has that simply blown as well? If so, I guess I will need to replace it.

Time is against me, because my car is booked in for a MOT in a couple of days and I dont really want to pay Ford £££s to fix it.

Thanks!

Ben

Hi Mate,

Yes it was just the bulb in the end, not sure what was meant by 'resetting'