Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil change when ? ⚡️

Patrico777

Fiesta 1.6 tdci s changed oil 5,000miles ago when should I change again ??

I get mine changed yearly with the service, don't see the point in doing it more often tbh ( well unless I was doing thousands and thousands of miles a year anyway). I do about 11k a year mileage 

It would depend on the oil you have chosen to run it on eg a better synthetic is ok for a slightly longer life, although with the 1.6TDCi engine I would keep it well serviced at all times!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, m1tch said:

It would depend on the oil you have chosen to run it on eg a better synthetic is ok for a slightly longer life, although with the 1.6TDCi engine I would keep it well serviced at all times!

Yeah I had service in February at Ford they have Castrol

Check ford etis online for your cars service schedule https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

I believe fiesta 1.6 TDCi is 1 year/12,500 miles, whichever comes first. However, some 1.6 TDCi's suffer from oil carbonisation problems that ultimately led to turbo failure and Ford therefore reduced oil change intervals to a max of 10,000 miles- check. I get my car serviced annually at Ford (I do 10k per year, focus 1.6 Ecoboost) but do an oil and filter change at 6 monthly intervals too (Castrol oil, ford filter). Parts are cheap (less than £30) and will give you added piece of mind, especially on the 1.6 TDCi engine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Patrico777 said:

Yeah I had service in February at Ford they have Castrol

Yeah I get mine changed at a local independent every 7k max. A lot of potential well known problems if you don't.

For the sake of £40 (for the Castrol oil and filter and a new sump plug washer). And a half hour labour charge its the best money you'll spend on this engine. Otherwise the repairs if things go wrong its well documented on the 1.6 hdi/tdci etc engines can run into big money.

Basically every year mines gets a full service (air/fuel/pollen and oil+filter). And a oil and filter change mid year (approx. 7k). The Castrol 5w 30 fully synthetic oil for ford cars is only around £30 and the filters from ford parts uk are not that much more expensive than motor factor ones.

Its such an economical car to operate (no road tax and 57-60mpg in real terms on a mix of driving) that it would be silly not to keep it well serviced if you plan on keeping it a few years (like myself).

Get the brake fluid and coolant changed by your local garage with decent or ford stuff every couple of years too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dave_k said:

Yeah I get mine changed at a local independent every 7k max. A lot of potential well known problems if you don't.

For the sake of £40 (for the Castrol oil and filter and a new sump plug washer). And a half hour labour charge its the best money you'll spend on this engine. Otherwise the repairs if things go wrong its well documented on the 1.6 hdi/tdci etc engines can run into big money.

Basically every year mines gets a full service (air/fuel/pollen and oil+filter). And a oil and filter change mid year (approx. 7k). The Castrol 5w 30 fully synthetic oil for ford cars is only around £30 and the filters from ford parts uk are not that much more expensive than motor factor ones.

Its such an economical car to operate (no road tax and 57-60mpg in real terms on a mix of driving) that it would be silly not to keep it well serviced if you plan on keeping it a few years (like myself).

Get the brake fluid and coolant changed by your local garage with decent or ford stuff every couple of years too.

Thanks for a good reply exactly how I am thinking deffo I will make another 1 k to reach at least 6k and change it all oil fuel filter,, and air filter I do not need as have K&N one my car had 36k when bought it now only 44k

3 hours ago, dave1987 said:

Check ford etis online for your cars service schedule https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

I believe fiesta 1.6 TDCi is 1 year/12,500 miles, whichever comes first. However, some 1.6 TDCi's suffer from oil carbonisation problems that ultimately led to turbo failure and Ford therefore reduced oil change intervals to a max of 10,000 miles- check. I get my car serviced annually at Ford (I do 10k per year, focus 1.6 Ecoboost) but do an oil and filter change at 6 monthly intervals too (Castrol oil, ford filter). Parts are cheap (less than £30) and will give you added piece of mind, especially on the 1.6 TDCi engine!

Will have it all changed soon as I reach 6k

So what type/brand of oil do you guys use? Castrol 5w30 ? I was thinking 5w30 LiquiMoly or Petronas in my next oil change (next 5k)

2 hours ago, JSFocus said:

So what type/brand of Oil do you guys use? Castrol 5w30 ? I was thinking 5w30 LiquiMoly or Petronas in my next oil change (next 5k)

Think ford recommend Castrol and its on the oil filler cp and in the handbook to use Castrol but that is probably for commercial reasons and tie-ins with different oil companies and car manufacturers. Vauxhall recommend Mobil oil in most of their vehicles I think from memory of when I had a corsa.

At the end of the day as long as it meets the specification and isn't some unknown brand then i'd guess there won't be any major issues.

Personally, until I sell the car, I go with the Castrol 5w-30 fully syth A5 (I think) it has recommended for ford diesels etc i'm sure written on the bottle so you'll know the right one. Its no overly expensive online (euro car parts, or ford parts uk etc) or even Asda do it cheap (about £25 now and again). Think its £31 in Halfords.

Petronas seem to be making a big push in the uk just now, some good deals for high spec oil, could maybe be worth you giving that a try I suppose.

• Like 2

These are the oils Opieoils are recommending:

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-2354-lookup-results.aspx?vehicleid=1003&variantlist=98661:0,99123:0,142272:0,132111:0,139761:0,139771:0,170265:0&yearFilter=2007

Basically look for the oil that matches with the Ford specific requirements for the engine, seems to be 5w40 fully synthetic Ford MC2 913-A/B/C/D

Ford are using Castrol so Im happy with that good oil just booked my sef nearly done 6 k 2 august my service minor £119 

I use Castrol magnatec fully synthetic 5w30 A5. £21 for 4 litres at my local asda, plus £7 for a filter from Ford.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club