Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 05 LX splutter

Trickey_86

Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction, recently had my brake pads/disks changed last week " not sure if relevant but added anyway"

My issue is when i accelerate my car is now suddlently spluttering intermittantly, when i get up to speed it seems fine but this appears to be highger gears lower revs so 2/3 thousand revs it chugs and splullters, doesnt feel like its lost power but as if its trying to get more power if that makes sense, last night when i gave it a bit of acceleration the ECU light came on but flashing when i parked up for a few hours then jumped back in the car it had gone off so im a little lost?

any help would be much appriciated! 1.6 LX 05 focus

Cheers

Mike

If it's a petrol 1.6 check for water in the plug ports 

• Like 1

Well it looks like you are right mate and yes 1.6 petrol it is, half full with water! now my next question, how do i get the water out and sort it, they are rubber plugs so im guessing the seal is knackered? new leads new plugs then and how does the water get in ha? is this something i can fix myself relatively easy?

Cheers

Mike

We eventually cleared ours by getting the revised washer jets from Ford that's how the water gets in 

use kitchen towel to get it out then finish with the hair dryer worked for me ! Good Luck

• Like 1

What a great idea to have the plugs directly below eh, a cover or something would of worked better! so you reckon those below will do the trick?

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_mk2__windscreen_washer_jet_2005-2008_f_1708176_c_401.htm

I'm going to change the plugs and possibly clean up the leads if i can but what a nightmare.

Yeah that's them with the bigger seal round 

just take it steady with the plugs they may be stuck firm use something to free them up first WD40 to soak in for a while once the water is clear and you dry the plug leads with the dryer it will probably run as normal 

yeah ill take my time, probably do it this weekend as i dont fancy running it whilst its misfiring, one last question do i need to feeler gauge those new plugs if so do you know the measurement as Ive no handbook with this car when i bought it?

Ive ordered those below but they look a little tricky to use a feeler!

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/search/408772300/p/car-parts

Ford adjusted the gap apparently from 1.3mm to 1mm when I've bought plugs over the last 5 years or so the gap has always been correct so I'm guessing you'll be able to put them straight in 

Michael its been a long haul regarding spark plug gaps on here lol! :laugh:

but here is the proper gaps that ford use thanks to wilco (JW1982)

Focus MK2/MK2.5

1.4/1.6 Duratec and 1.6 Duratec TI-VCT = 1,2 mm.

1.8/2.0 Duratec HE = 1,3 mm.

2.5 Duratec ST/RS = 0,7 mm.

Focus MK3/MK3.5

1.6 Duratec TI-VCT = 1,20 mm (0,7-0,8 mm for LPG versions).

1.0 ECOboost = 0,7 mm.

1.5 ECOboost = 0,8 mm.

1.6 ECOboost = 0,8 mm.

2.0 Duratec HE = 0,9 mm.

2.0 ECOboost ST = 0,8 mm.

2.3 ECOboost RS = 0,75 mm

if you want to have a read of the thread here is the link.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/82003-definitive-answer-if-possible-regarding-plug-gap/

goodluck.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club