Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Xbox One Won't Connect to Live but Connects to Internet!?

TomsFocus

Not sure anyone visits this part of the Forum lol...

Anyway, as above, XB1 connects to the internet (wireless) no issue but will not connect to Live, all pins have gone from home screen and clicking on 'connect to live' makes the 'p-ling' noise but doesn't do anything else...typical when I've just renewed my Gold membership last week. :sad: 

It happens pretty often (about once a fortnight) but usually fixes itself with a switch off and on again.  But not this time, been the same for 4 days now, so far I've tried -

Switching off and on
Hard reset (unplugging from mains)
Router reset
Clearing alternative MAC address
Disconnected from wireless then reconnected in network settings

Not sure what else to try now.  Asked on the Xbox forums and the solution there was to contact support which I don't want to do if I can help it!

Cheers
Tom

Might be a port/nat issue.

Have you tried temporarily disabling your router's firewall or placing the Xbox in the DMZ?

I literally have no idea what any of that means...I really don't do computers and the like, I can plug stuff in and switch it on but I'm lost beyond that. :laugh: 

I was asked if the NAT is open, which it is - not sure if that helps at all.

I don't know if the router even has it's own firewall?  Or how I would disable it?

No idea what DMZ is lol.

DMZ is a way of disabling the firewall for a single device.

If NAT is open then it shouldn't be a firewall issue as that requires the correct ports to be open.

How can NAT be open  if it would t co next to live though?

Who is your ISP? Perhaps it is just their connection to the Xbox servers which is the problem?

5 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

How can NAT be open  if it would t co next to live though?

Well it says it's open, and good signal strength, no issues in the network settings/details page...  Which is why I'm so confused as well, I don't see how it can connect to the internet but not live, unless there's an issue with live, but no-one else is reporting an issue, and as I say it's been 4 days now. :unsure: 

ISP is Sky, been with them over a year now with no problems.  I don't really understand how this internet stuff works, do they each have a separate connection to the Xbox server?

All your traffic will route through Sky's servers and if it is connecting to a major service they can have their own links.

Have you tried logging in with a different account.

• Like 1

I assume you mean another live account?  Will try that now.

Yeah try a different live account.

• Like 1

Well this is even more confusing...

Logging in on my old account it connects to live immediately!!

Switching back to the new account it still won't connect...

What is going on lol!?

Will it let you delete your profile, for the account you want to use without loosing saves?

If so I'd try removing your profile then re adding it and trying to log back in, incase it has become corrupt.

Might be worth backing up any saves just in case.

Right, logged out of both, logged back into the new account and it connects no problem.  I have no idea why or how that's happened but thanks Alex!! :laugh: 

Probably just got itself stuck or had cached some bad login details or something so what you did refreshed it.

At least you got it working :)

• Like 1