Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Skipping MP3 CD-Anyone had it fixed by fords?

Bashy

Hi,

Did anyone get anywhere with this. I've looked through the threads and seen the update ones but no-one has replied for ages with definitive positive results.

My Fiesta zetec 1.6 TDCi went in the other day for it's courtesy check and I told them that the CD skips when over 75% of the disc (MP3 discs).

After the check the engineer came out and told me that 'Ford recommend that only original discs should be played on the stereo, and it was because it was a copied CD'

I told him that the stereo plays MP3 tracks and ALL MP3 discs would be copies. I also told him that on the ford forum people say that this problem can be fixed with a software update. He didn't know anything about it (but he seemed like an idiot so that didn't surprise me).

Is the a definitive answer I can go back with. This is really annoying me.

Hi,

I had the same problem and it really annoyed the crap out of me. In the end it 'went away'. I ended up buying some different CD's (cheap from eBuyer, not expensive audio ones or anything).

I also changed the software i used to burn CDs (used Windows Media Player 10, now use iTunes 9).

That seems to have solved it, I've burned about 3 CDs all upto about 90% full and they all play fine.

The problems I had before basically involved CDs after say track 15-20 would start jumping/skipping, they would then auto-skip to the next track which would have the same problem. Also, using the shuffle function would screw things up as well.

Got to admit, it annoyed me before. Mine hasn't been back to ford since I had the problem but I'll ask about the software update next time I pop in.

Rob

Tried different cd's and burning with WMP instead of nero...still no joy.

also, you shouldn't need to muck around doing these things...nearly a 15 grand car and the stereo don't work properly...and ford are blind to the fact.

Can anyone help...this is driving me crazy

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club