Do Not Sell My Personal Information

eco boost reverse noise

davyo

Bought new  Fiesta titanium x 1lt ecoboost 125 in November  2015, went back in for new clutch at 2k as developed a noise when reversing (flat ground so little strain).Ford supposedly  changed the clutch, but noise came back within 3 days. Not confident in Ford as they say that are not aware of other reports.Strange as there is quite a bit coverage on the internet.Any one had the issue resolved by Ford? Doesn't make the noise in any other gear but a bit annoying considering its a new car.

Mine Red edition 125 makes the same rattling noise when reversing out of the garage. It makes it since 6km on the watch till now, at 2,2k km.

I only noticed it after cold start at the garage, when reversing outside i didn't noticed the noise.

Thanks karlo 19, it not a rattling noise mine makes its more of a 'brake binding noise' if that makes sense.Mine doesn't make any noise when selecting reverse or when in reverse and my foot has the clutch depressed.It makes the noise whenever i start to reverse ( so when feathering the clutch pedal).

Its not your brake drum binding on when you reverse or does it do it every time ? 

No its not the brake,it is only when the clutch if featherd (bite).Had a new clutch fitted under warrenty (2k mls)but 3 days later back to square one.Dont have much confidence in ford Jennings as they could go on forever changing bits here and there.Just wondering if anyone had the same issue resolved by their Ford dealer so i can point mine in the right direction.

Mine to when feathering, if I fully realese or fully depress the clutch it doesn't grinds. Only when clutch if half depressed and the car is slowly reversing.

23 hours ago, davyo said:

Bought new  Fiesta titanium x 1lt ecoboost 125 in November  2015, went back in for new clutch at 2k as developed a noise when reversing (flat ground so little strain).Ford supposedly  changed the clutch, but noise came back within 3 days. Not confident in Ford as they say that are not aware of other reports.Strange as there is quite a bit coverage on the internet.Any one had the issue resolved by Ford? Doesn't make the noise in any other gear but a bit annoying considering its a new car.

My Fiesta, 65 plate bought in October. When reversing on a flat it makes a low pitched humming noise when engaging the clutch, louder when reversing up hill. is it like that??

Took mine to the dealer and a mechanic knew exactly what the noise was and reproduced it without me showing him. There's low pitched humming noise thats made that sounds like metal rubbing on metal, vibrating that you can feel through the gear stick when the noise is happening.

Some days its more noticeable than others. He told me that the Facelift fiestas (mk7.5) have a modified clutch compared to the original Mk7 and this noise is a side effect of the clutch running against a backplate when the gear engages. IT happens in forward gears as well just you never really notice it. They said the clutch could be changed but it wouldn't guaruntee it would get  rid of the noise so it's not really worth disturbing other parts on a brand new car. Said they have a record of it now and only to worry about it if it gets really loud, in which case it's a warranty job

Not sure if it's the same issue you have but thats what i've been told. 

Thanks mate

Mine is also 65 plate and reg in November 2015, sounds like we have the same issue.I dont get any feedback through the gear stick though, they did change the clutch under warranty,but i noticed the noise came back after 3 days.I'm happy at the moment as its not getting worse and as you say some days its loader than others.As long as ford have it logged in their history then if it gets worse or fails then hopefully we are covered.Love this little 1ltr 125 though,was very apprehensive when i ordered it as I've always had diesels or 2ltrs. Picked a mate up in it the other week and he wouldn't believe it was only 1ltr lol. Will definitely be placing an order for another one in 24mths time unless they start selling the ST in 4dr like in the states.   

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club