Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.4 Frost/Core Plugs

Dave_TDCI

Hi peeps

I'm well aware the issue with water in around the spark plugs in the Focus MK2 petrol has been covered multiple times but my problem is a little different. After months of thinking the water was getting in because of the washer jets I have discovered that this isn't the case for me and the issue seems to be Frost/Core plugs problem.

Yet again last night I spent over an hour removing the water (which seems to be coolant) from around the spark plugs area. Ports 1 and 2 usually seem ok but 3 and 4 have a lot of coolant around this area. This is probably the tenth time in 2 years I have had to do this because of mis-firing.

I got a torch and shined down into all the ports and between plugs 3 & 4 there is a small shallow plug which I believe to be a core or frost plug as they are called and this seems to be where the coolant is leaking from.

Can anyone advise how to replace this? The model is a 2006 1.4 Petrol Focus. I'm sick of having this problem and want to try fix it once and for all!

if I remember you need to remove the rocker cover pry out the old core plugs clean the area out and refit new core plugs but I'm sure theres a paste to put them in with to be honest most people have ford do it

Cheers for the reply. I might try removing the rocker cover myself and having a go. Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to pry out the old plugs, fingers crossed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club