Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 mondeo crankcase seal leak and clutch change?

Nicoleturner

Hello

im new to the forum and a proud owner (3weeks) of a facelift mondeo 2010 with only 51000 on the clock. I've just had an oil leak diagnosed as a crankcase seal which is being changed under a warranty from the dealer at my local garage. This is £400 bill they are covering as they are having to remove the gearbox etc to change the seal. However the garage recommend me changing the clutch while the gearbox is off to save on labour in future. Costing £170 quoted.  My question is does my car have a dual mass flywheel and should I ask for a price to change that as well or will it be ok if I just change the clutch? What is the lifetime of a dual mass flywheel. Should I get it done with the clutch of not too expensive. The clutch and dmf would me at my cost as it's just advised? 

Any advice would be appreciated thanks

ive heard that  clutch and  dual mass flywheel. can cost £800 to £1000 with labour so its a no brainer realy 

ask to see old parts if you have it done

Get it all done, they have to remove clutch and flywheel anyway.

• Like 2

As Iantt says get it done the parts arnt that expensive but the labour is

• Like 1

The car is booked in for Wednesday and I asked about the dmf the garage said that they will assess it when they remove the clutch and let me know if they think it needs changing as it can be an expensive part. So I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks guys

Hello the garage have quoted £490 for the clutch and dual flywheel parts he said its in ok condition but thinks I mayswell have it done now while the gearbox is off :( it's an expense I didn't want but he said if it goes later on its a £1100 job 

Just get it done now, cheaper in the long run and the parts price you've been quoted arnt to bad

• Like 1

Just get it done now, cheaper in the long run and the parts price you've been quoted arnt to bad

• Like 1