Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hot Magenta Zetec S basic additions

Hovis

Hey Guys,

Im 30 years old and only just passed my test a month ago (didnt need to drive before), thought i would treat myself to a nice first car and went for one of only 3 Zetec S mk7.5's in this colour for sale in the U.K at the time i was looking! I LOVE the car, and have never really been into heavy modification but felt that this car could do with some subtle changes to it.

The first change i made was to get a DMB Graphics Zetec S logo for the steering wheel.

Then i decided that she needed some kick plates which i bought from Lockwood International for £34 including postage.

I then ordered front and back clip in Fiesta floor mats from eBay for £23.99

I also purchased ice white LED registration plate bulbs for £4 from eBay as i hate the yellow tinge, i'll get a picture if those tomorrow.

Next on the list is a red zetec s badge for the grill, this has been ordered from eBay for £6 and is on its way!

Also i am about to order a light upgrade kit from CEUK on the advice of a Mr @Tom-B64, but payday will have to come around first....

After that i am looking to detango the indicators and might even look at getting smoked out side repeaters for the wing mirrors, other than that i dont want to do anything that will change my insurance.

Let me know what you think guys, any advice?

JA 3366 7484 1GB

20160715_203455.jpg

20160715_203517.jpg

20160715_205149.jpg

IMG_20160704_225739.jpg

Red led strip across the glovebox and red led's in the footwell lights gives a lovely warm ambience. Especially in winter....

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

@Ffoxy I was toying with the idea of putting in foot well lights but wasn't sure which colour, i don't want it lighting up the whole car, just the foot well! Do you have them yourself? Post a pic!

I believe the holders are there, you just need the lamps or led's put in if you don't have them

• Like 1

This was my previous Black Edition, I fitted the glovebox led strip.57897d3ac61e6_ImageUploadedByFordOC14686

• Like 1

Nice warm red led's won't light the car up, not even with the led strip fitted as well, plus, it matches with the red lighting around the cup holders by the handbrake.

• Like 1

I have red LED's from the factory above my glovebox and door pockets, they don't give you any extra light whatsoever. Just gives you a slight red glow.

• Like 2

Well @Pullock@Ffoxy, and @Tom-B64, seeing as i have asked a paintwork company recommended on here about spraying jet washers, vent rings, and headlight brows for them to say that my car colour is near impossible to match perfectly to the body if spraying on primed parts, this means i can only go for lighting based modifcations like the headlight upgrades from CEUK and maybe some interior foot well lights as suggested.....oh well :(

Im also toying with getting some black rims, i currently have the stock Zetec S 17's on, but i am tempted by either matte black or even gun metal grey ones, what do you guys reckon? I dont want to spray these ones as when coming to sell it i want all the original parts. So i would have to buy new ones, do you have any suggestions of rims?

What do you reckon getting aftermarket rims will do to my insurance?

Number plate LEDs on and working :)

20160717_223358.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hovis said:

Im also toying with getting some black rims, i currently have the stock Zetec S 17's on, but i am tempted by either matte black or even gun metal grey ones, what do you guys reckon? I dont want to spray these ones as when coming to sell it i want all the original parts. So i would have to buy new ones, do you have any suggestions of rims?

I've got Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 on my ST and think they look lovely, have a look at my build thread for some pictures.

13 hours ago, Hovis said:

What do you reckon getting aftermarket rims will do to my insurance?

It depends on your insurer. Some insurers may just note it, some may charge for it, some may refuse to insure you! My current insurer (AXA) allows aftermarket alloys up to a value of £1,000 in the policy.

• Like 1

LED's are looking good! I just had my standard 17's sprayed Satin Black. Easy to clean and look the dogs nuts :)

• Like 1

Hey @Dan P i looked at those team dynamics wheels, very nice! Im considering changing. Also @Tom-B64, have you got pics of your sprayed alloys yet? I might buy some identical alloys to mine and spray them, trying to make it so that when i sell the car in 3 years i can revert it back to factory spec.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

After having the car a month now and realising how goddamn dirty this paint gets i decided to go and see my mums boyfriend, who is friends with the guy that owns http://www.bilthamber.com/, he kindly showed me how to wash my car properly and now it looks the part! Sorry for the gloomy photos, it's never sunny when i take photos of her and she looks brown in this light, highly annoying!

the wheels were FILTHY as you can see...URL]

a>20160730_112950.jpg

a>He sprayed some of the 'Auto Wheel' directly onto it and let it run for a few seconds, the result was this, the purple is the chemicals reacting with all of the fibres from the brake pads/discs and metals from the road and other cars...

20160730_112938.jpg

URL]

I didn'20160730_113423.jpgt scrub the wheels with any brushes or cloths, i just washed off the residue and the result is this...

Next we used the 'Auto Foam' and rubbed the car down, after that it was time to wax the car with a wax from the same company. the results i am more than happy with!!!!!!

20160730_120059.jpg20160730_120158.jpg

20160730_120135.jpg

20160730_130401.jpg

20160730_113605.jpg

Pay day is on the 5th, at which point i will be purchasing the CEUK light upgrade kit as per @Tom-B64 recommendation :)

looking sweet buddy

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, supraking said:

looking sweet buddy

Thanks dude! I dont think it will be ever be as clean as yours though haha!

• Like 1

Ive been looking at the Mountune MR135 upgrade for my ZS, i like the idea of a nicer engine sound and some extra grunt, but i dont want it to sound like a boyracer corsa whos put a hole in his exhaust. What do you reckon, has anyone on here done it? I dont want to change the exhaust so if any one has any tips that would be great!!

That looks lovely,you've done very well with it. Not seen many in Hot Magenta around here but did see a Copper Pulse last week which must be an aquired taste,lol. I use Dragons Breath on my alloys,it stinks when using it & goes purple like the Auto Wheel you used & it's excellent. 

• Like 1

Thanks @SpannerTheCat! Im proud of her, i havent added any drastic mods that most people do, but i feel she looks a bit better :) ye that copper pulse is def an acquired taste....all i see is red, black and silver ones round here in Chelmsford, and bucket loads of ST's, not once have i seen my colour other than for the old zetec 1.25 litre basic mk6. 

I dont suppose you know anything about mountune upgrades as i mentioned above? Looking at the m135 upgrade to take it from 125hp to 135hp, its 450 quid and 35 quid fitting, takes the 0-60 from 9.4 to 8.5, doesnt seem worth it, what do you reckon? The 165 upgrade is 1399 quid and voids the warranty...

Just now, Hovis said:

Thanks @SpannerTheCat! Im proud of her, i havent added any drastic mods that most people do, but i feel she looks a bit better :) ye that copper pulse is def an acquired taste....all i see is red, black and silver ones round here in Chelmsford, and bucket loads of ST's, not once have i seen my colour other than for the old zetec 1.25 litre basic mk6. 

I dont suppose you know anything about mountune upgrades as i mentioned above? Looking at the m135 upgrade to take it from 125hp to 135hp, its 450 quid and 35 quid fitting, takes the 0-60 from 9.4 to 8.5, doesnt seem worth it, what do you reckon? The 165 upgrade is 1399 quid and voids the warranty...

I'd talk to @Willy MP135. He said it is a total waste of money but the MR165 is a whole different car. Give him a message :smile:

• Like 1

Also the car is looking really clean! As mentioned before the colour is real nice :) 

You won't be disapointed in the headlights, other than the main beams but thats it haha

On 17/07/2016 at 11:06 PM, Hovis said:

Number plate LEDs on and working :)

20160717_223358.jpg

Do you have a link or eBay item number for the bulbs? Love the colour BTW.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hovis said:

@Hovis there's plenty of helpful & knowledgeable members on here that will be able to advise you much better than me about the Mountune upgrades etc. Have a look in the Modified/Projects section; http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/90-ford-modification-discussions/ 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club