Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Passenger side wing mirror glass has come out!

beaariadne

Hi,

I caught my passenger side wing mirror on a post while driving into a tesco car park (Please don't judge, I've not been driving for very long and was trying not to hit another car whose driver attempted to drive through me!). Once I parked up, I noticed my wing mirror was pushed in and the glass had come flying out. Some lovely person came running over with it and gave it back to me. However, I'm now clueless about what to do (it's currently taped in place). 

Having done a google search and looked at a few pictures I've managed to work out that the backing plate is still in place and it's just the glass that has come out. I haven't even got a scratch on the paintwork! I'm not sure if the backing plate is damaged as I don't really know what it's meant to look like - I didn't even realise that the glass could be replaced until today!

I tried to push everything back in place but couldn't - although I may not have been doing it right.

A bit of detail - I've got a 2005 Fiesta Studio with manually adjustable mirrors.

Any advice is much appreciated!

10 hours ago, beaariadne said:

Hi,

I caught my passenger side wing mirror on a post while driving into a tesco car park (Please don't judge, I've not been driving for very long and was trying not to hit another car whose driver attempted to drive through me!). Once I parked up, I noticed my wing mirror was pushed in and the glass had come flying out. Some lovely person came running over with it and gave it back to me. However, I'm now clueless about what to do (it's currently taped in place). 

Having done a google search and looked at a few pictures I've managed to work out that the backing plate is still in place and it's just the glass that has come out. I haven't even got a scratch on the paintwork! I'm not sure if the backing plate is damaged as I don't really know what it's meant to look like - I didn't even realise that the glass could be replaced until today!

I tried to push everything back in place but couldn't - although I may not have been doing it right.

A bit of detail - I've got a 2005 Fiesta Studio with manually adjustable mirrors.

Any advice is much appreciated!

The glass goes in one way and should just clip in with a bit of a push and the back of it got clips just abit of power should do it lol 

1 hour ago, Morette said:

The glass goes in one way and should just clip in with a bit of a push and the back of it got clips just abit of power should do it lol 

Thank you! I'll give it a go!

If it's only the glass that needs to be put back, use double sided sticky tape to hold it in!

It clips in but it does take a bit of pressure.   Don't worry, you wont break the glass.

Where's the clips on the glass? When I replaced ONLY the glass in my Fiesta mk6 drivers mirror it was held in with double sided tape! (The backing plate which I did not replace had clips but not the glass)

The OP stated ONLY the glass fell out, the backing plate is STILL in place so if she's replacing the glass it will hold in place with double sided tape.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club